It's About Time I'm Treated Like an Assassin Rather Than a Lady

We spoke to Master Quemar, the expected guest for the Mentor, about the poison at the scene. In return, he gave us advice about an apothecary who he knew that sold him medicine. We had interrogated the seller of the poison with information. The seller had his mouth shut and would not speak. Someone had his life on a string. Of course, as we chased him down and finally cornered him, he revealed the secret of the buyer's purchase and we soon found clues that lead us to...to the Temple? Elise had followed us until the point where we stood at the base of the Temple.

  "This is not good," Arno said as we eyed the vast Temple before us. Below this temple is the Assassin's Bureau. But why would out mystery buyer come here? Anyhow, the kill should be worth it. "Elise, you stay here-"

  "Don't be ridiculous! I'm not letting you go in there alone!"

  "Let's go before they know our presence," I said and began to scale the wall.

  "Rache, wait. I should go ahead of you," Arno said. We left Elise down there.

  "We will be back, Elise!" I shouted down to her. "Safe and sound...well, Arno at least will."

  "Don't say that!" Arno hissed under his breath. "Now let me go ahead of you."

  "No. It's about time I'm treated like an Assassin rather than a lady." I scowl underneath my hood at Arno's seemingly weak portrayal of me. He has seen first hand of what I can do. Why should he doubt me? Why does he doubt me?

  "Rache--" I was already up to the temple's first balcony and scaling my way up to the second. Arno caught up with me as I perched on the stone handrails of the second balcony. I waited for Arno to catch up and then made my way up near the roof of the Temple. Arno caught up with me moments later.

  My stomach churned at the thought of someone sly and canny enough to poison Mentor. "What if we don't come out alive?" I asked in a monotone to hide the urging quiver in my voice. My stare never left the floor. "What if whoever is in there is waiting for us and will kill us with traps or worse?"

  "Rache, you are a skilled assassin." Arno placed a hand on my shoulder. "You told me yourself and I have seen in first hand. No denying it."

  I sucked in a deep breath and closed my eyes. My breath tumbled out of my lips, hanging above me in the frosty air of the setting sun like a curse. "Okay," I said slowly, opening my eyes again. I slid off of my perch and followed Arno towards the walkways on the side of the roof of the temple. A figure stood, waiting for us.

  A dreaded feeling crept up through me as we neared the figure. Even though his back was turned, the figure was strikingly familiar. He stood with impatience as if he was waiting for our arrival. As we neared, the figure spoke.

  "Took you long enough, Pisspot." The figure didn't turn around but that voice. I wanted to faint. Laugh. Throw up. Die.

  Pierre Bellec stood before us. All those times when I had talked about the Templars and the Assassin's making peace one day so this existential feud would end, he would ignore my questions and comments. He had even snapped at me whenever I brought up Menor's plans to make an olive branch of peace with the Templars. Foolishly, I didn't notice the anger he barely managed to contain whenever I spoke about it.

  Until now.

  "Bellec," Arno said, surprise written all over his expression.

  "Should have known it'd be you that would find me. Now, the question is, what happens now?" Pierre said. He slowly turned to face us and his eyes widened when he saw me. "Rache..."