The Monster They See

(Henry's POV)

The demon above me balanced on one fist and reared back his huge claw towards Boris. Boris roars in reply, and the demon swipes.

The battle has begun.

Scrambling to get out of the middle of it all, I get up and run away. Someone grabs my hand and pulls me behind some boxes, and I'm about to punch them when,

"Dad! Dad, it's me!"

I lower my fist, instead, grabbing her arms.

"(Y/N)? Are you okay? Is it really...you? You're not like Boris, are you?" I say, looking her over.

"One question at a time!" She says, giggling. "I'm fine, and yes it's me."

"Why are you following the demon?" I say, bringing my face closer to hers to look at her closely, making sure there aren't any tiny stitches or surgical incisions.

"Um..." She moves her head back a little. "He's kind of my...boyfriend? I think? I mean I assume we are, but we haven't ever gone on a date yet—"

"Boyfriend?? Dating?? The demon, are you sure you're okay??" I say, gripping her tighter.

"Dad, dad, I promise, I'm fine!" She says, smiling uncomfortably. "He's actually really nice, and he's been protecting me. I love him, I really do, and he loves me too."

"Loves you? The demon loves? He can't even talk, all he does is hurt people, how can he love?"

"Just like you and me. He's not really that different than us."

"Are you sure—"

"HAND!!"

She grabs me and pulls me down to the ground avoiding a giant, clawed hand that swiped through the air.

"Bendy, WATCH IT!!" (Y/N) shouts. The demon-monster looks down at her apologetically and continues it's fight with Boris.

I watch the battle for a little. It was fascinating. This soulless, mute demon seemed to be protecting us. It wouldn't let Boris get too close to us, it always checked in on us with a glance, and it had some sort of connection with (Y/N).

I started to wonder, what did it want from us?

Could it really love, or is it just saving us for lunch later?

Does it want me to draw more characters?

Does it want to kill us itself?

It's not very clear at all. For all I know, it wants us to put on costumes and become a circus for him.

(Bendy's POV)

With one final blow, Boris falls to the ground, dead. He was a challenge to kill, I'll give him that. Boy, he can do damage, I'm hurting all over. I transform back to my normal tall, slender, dripping form and collapse to the ground.

I'm so tired.

"Bendy!" (Y/N) exclaims and runs over to me. She's safe. That's all that matters.

"Are you okay?!" She kneels down next to me and looks me over.

"I'm fine." I say, chest heaving. "Just tired."

"NOO!!" Alice's voice echoes through the room. "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST DIE?!"

She sprints out of a dark opening on the opposite wall, arms outstretched towards (Y/N).

In one swift move, I'm up. I grab Alice's wrist, preventing her from moving.