Boris!

(Your POV)

I only see bits and pieces. 

My stomach hurts so bad.

Bendy's taking me somewhere.

Now I'm in a hallway.

Bendy's talking to someone.

Now I'm in a bed.

A cartoon character is wrapping me in something. Around my stomach feels tight.

Now I'm still in the bed, but Bendy's here. His hand is on my head, his thumb gently rubbing my forehead. 

Now I'm asleep.

Now I'm awake. I hear ticking. Like it's from a clock. 

I can move.

I lift up my arm and rub my head. I look down at myself. 

Someone put me in new clothes. I'm wearing a button-up shirt that was short-sleeved and was the same yellow as the rest of the studio. It's ink-stained in a couple places, but it's kind of oversized on me. I'm also wearing a black skirt that just barely poked out underneath my shirt. I'm wearing black socks that go up about mid-calf, and black shoes that were the kind with the strap over the top. 

I also noticed someone put my hair up in a ponytail (if you don't have long enough hair or just don't have hair, ignore this.)

I tried to get up, but my torso hurt too much.

"Ugh, ow." I say, lying back down. 

"(Y/N)?" I hear Bendy say. I also hear a chair across wood, and his footsteps coming to my room. He comes through the door, and when he sees me a big smile makes it's way across his face. It was a smile of joy and unbelief.

"(Y/N)! You're awake!" He says, coming over to my bed and sitting down on a chair next to it. "How do you feel? Are you okay?"

"I feel...weird. It's a mix of ouch and ugh." I say. "I feel sick and my stomach still hurts. Maybe...hungry?"

"You've been asleep for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if you were hungry." He says. 

"How long have I been asleep?" I ask.

"About the rest of the day and all night long."

"Wow. Also, where am I? This isn't the Music Department."

"I took you to a friend's place. He was the first person I thought of, and he's really good at helping people."

"Who is he?"

"His name is Boris. At least, that's what I call him. He can't talk, and he looks like Boris the Wolf, so I just call him that. He doesn't mind."

"Can I see him? I'd like to know more people here, if that's okay."

"Of course. And he's really good at cooking, so I'll ask if he could make you some bacon soup."

"Thanks."

He smiled at me, and left the room. I focused my attention on my stomach. I put my hands on it, and slightly put pressure on it. 

That resulted on my hissing in pain so I took my hands off.

"Wow, I got torn up pretty good." I say to myself. 

I hear a soft knock. I look up and see a cartoon character standing in the door. I could tell he was supposed to be a wolf, and that he was extremely tall. He wore yellow overalls with patches on the knees, and black boots. 

"Hi." I say, waving to him. He smiles back and waves back. He comes over to the same chair Bendy was sitting down in earlier and plops down. He points at my stomach.

"Oh, it's a little sore. I feel pretty groggy though." I respond. He thinks for a second and rubs his belly and licks his lips, then points at me.

"Am I hungry?" He nods. "Oh, a little, yeah. It might help me feel better. My mom always says, a full tummy makes everything feel better."

He nods again. Then he looks towards the door, and then to his left and right. Then he motions for me to lean in closer. 

"What?" I ask, but then he puts a finger over his lips and waves his other arm frantically. I nod and keep my mouth shut. 

He then puts two fingers on his head, acting as horns. Maybe...Bendy?

Then he made a heart with his hands.

Then he pointed at me.

"...Bendy loves me...?" I whisper to him, making sure I got the right message. He nods vigorously.

Well then.

Bendy loves me. 

I mean, it's a thing you would be excited to gossip about with a friend in first grade, but alright.

Also, he wasn't clear about what kind of love. Never said it was romantic. Never said if it was a love a friend would have for you. Never said if it was family love. 

Just...loves me.

"Could you get started on the soup Bendy said you could make? Bacon soup, right?" I ask, trying to get off this subject that 7-year olds would get excited over. He gives me a thumbs up, nods, and leaves.

I busy myself with trying to sit up without it hurting. 

But as I try I hiss in pain again.

"Owww..." I say, lying back down and taking a deep breath. I hear someone's rushed footsteps come to my room, and I see Bendy come into my room. His mouth is curved downward in a frown, and he looks a bit worried.

"Are you okay? I heard you say 'ow' like you were in pain. Is something wrong?" He asks. "Is it your stomach? Do you need medicine? Is there anything I can do? Did the Searcher hurt you anywhere else? Did I not get all the ink?"

"Bendy, Bendy! Slow down, let me answer those!" I shout, regaining his attention. "I'm fine. You didn't miss anything. I was just trying to sit up and it hurt."

"Oh." He replies. "I can get you some pillows so you can sit up. I'll see if Boris has any."

Then he left. 

He's so nice. 

I close my eyes and I begin to sleep again. I'm really tired.

(Bendy's POV)

"Hey, Boris?" He looks up from the soup at me. "Do you have any pillows? (Y/N) was trying to sit up and it was hurting, so I thought that if she was propped up against some pillows, that would feel better. Do you have any I can use for her?"

He nods and motions for me to stir the soup for him. Good call, don't want to serve her burned bacon soup. And everyone knows burnt bacon is the worst thing that can exist.

After a couple minutes, he comes back with his arms full of pillows. I smile.

"That'll be perfect! I can take them back to her, can you take over?" I ask, handing him back the spoon. He drops the pillows and takes the spoon. 

Picking them all up again, I walk into her room.

"I'm back." I say. "And he had a lot."

I drop the pillows and actually see her. 

She's sleeping on her side, so she's facing me. Her head is resting on her elbow, and her eyes are delicately closed. Both her legs are curled up close to her chest, as if she was cold. 

I found myself smiling.

She's so beautiful. 

I went over to the chair next to her bed and sat down. I put a hand on her arm, close to her shoulder, and leaned over. I leaned over and kissed her head then rested my head on her's. 

"I promise..." I begin, squeezing her arm slightly. " I promise, I'll do my best to keep you safe. Even if I die, I'll do anything to make sure you'll be safe and alive."

I gave her one more squeeze and kiss, then sat back down. 

I promised.

And it's a vow I won't ever break.