It's Okay To Cry

Once the soup was finished, I decided it was time to wake her up while it was still hot. 

"Hey." I say, nudging her. Her eyelids fluttered. I shake her shoulder gently. "(Y/N). It's time to wake up. Boris is done with the soup."

She stirred and stretched her arms. She yawned before trying to sit up, then winced. 

"Ow." Was all she said before lying back down. 

"I brought pillows, want to try and see if they'll work?" I ask. She nods.

I grab the pillows and set them up by the edge of the bed, propped up on the wall. 

"Can you try and sit up again?" I ask when I'm done. She nods and tries, but she winces again.

"Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow." She says over and over again. 

"Here, I'll help." I say, and pick her up bridal style. I then set her down with her back up against the wall. Her face was free of pain.

"That better?" I ask.

"Yeah, thanks." She replies, smiling at me. "You mentioned soup?" 

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, Boris is pouring it in a bowl now." I say like a big bafoon. Why can't I talk like a normal person to her? She's just so damn pretty.

Just then, Boris walked in with the bowl of soup. 

"Aw, thanks, Boris!" She says, taking the bowl. 

"Are you cold? You looked cold when I came in. Maybe that soup will help with that...but I still don't want you to be cold...you know what? I'll get you a blanket." I end up deciding. Again with the rambling. 

She laughs and smiles at me. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Why is she so pretty, wow...

"Okay, you can do that. I was kind of cold anyway. Thanks."

 I smile and leave the room, dragging Boris behind me.

"Where are the blankets? I want to get her a nice, heavy, fluffy, warm one."

Boris winks and finger-guns me. That's his way of saying, "Oh, I know just the thing."

He leaves to another room, and comes back with a big, black, fluffy blanket. 

I smile when he gives it to me. "It's perfect."

I go into her room in the middle of her eating the soup. She looks up and her jaw drops.

"That's amazing." She says, placing her bowl on the chair.

"Boris found it." I said. Then, I draped it around her back, sort of wrapping her in it. I left her arms out so she could still eat her soup. I lifted her bowl and sat down, then giving her the dish.

"Thanks a lot." She says, looking at me with a big smile on her face. "You're so nice to me even though I barely know you. It means a lot for someone other than my parents to even notice me.

"Nobody notices you?" I ask. That seems near impossible. She's amazing. She's so nice, her laugh is the best thing you would ever hear, her smile is something that god himself would've loved, and her beauty would surpass Aphrodite. 

"Not really." She says. "I don't want to get to know anybody because...I don't want to lose them." 

"Have you lost someone?" I ask. I know it's pretty personal, but I want to know who she lost. I've never lost anyone before. Then again, Boris is the only person I know.

"Yes...I have. She says, her voice cracking. Her hand comes to her mouth and she closes her eyes. "When I say 'my parents,' I mean my adopted parents. My real dad...was violent. And he drank. A lot. One day he had one too many...and my mom and my sister..."

She never finished her sentence. There were too many tears. She was crying too hard. I took the bowl from her so she wouldn't burn herself, and I sat down next to her. 

"I'm so sorry." Was all I said. "Nobody deserves to go through that. Especially not you." 

She didn't say a word. She just turned to me and hugged me and sobbed into my chest. 

I hugged her back and held her tight, resting my head on her's. I knew I still barely knew her, but she really needed some comfort. 

"I'm so, so, so sorry." I said again. She hugged me tighter and continued to sob, her body aching and bouncing. 

"I-I..." She began, and I loosened my grip a bit so she could raise her head. "I can't l-lose anyone else...i-it hurts t-to much..."

I nod and bring her back into a hug again, holding her tight and safe in my arms.

"I can't say I understand, but I'll do my best to make sure you don't lose anyone else." I said, holding her shaking figure. "Okay? I promise."

I hear her take a shaky breath, calming down. She begins to pull away and I let her go. She wipes the tears away from her eyes. 

"I haven't cried in a while." She says, laughing a bit. "It feels good to let it out. Thanks, Bendy."

I smile and nod. At least we're connecting. It's a start. 

Hopefully the next stop is a boyfriend? 

Ahh, what am I saying. 

"Now, finish your soup, bacon soup should never go to waste." I say jokingly, and handing back her bowl. 

She laughed, and looked back up at me.

"Thank you so much." She said, sincerity pure in her voice. "I really, genuinely appreciate it."

I smile again.

She's amazing. 

I want to do so much more for her, and I would give her the world if I could.

I know that sounds crazy.

I met her just a day ago.

"I'm glad you do." I responded. "Now eat your soup. It's delicious."

As I'm walking out, I hear her laugh.

I love her laugh.