Heads or Tails

Chapter #10

                                                                           Heads or Tails

 What the fuck? How... what... huh? Okay, I'm lost. Wasn't it supossed to work? I tried to keep my heart going normal, which trust me, is not easy after you see your 'guardian angel' and yourself in a coffin. I breathed in and out, then I swear I felt the floor turn a little to the left. I closed my eyes, and when I opened them, I was facing the coffin. Before, I was facing the benches.

I physically saw the benches move, just as before, but it kept gaining more and more speed. There was nothing I could hold onto, and soon everything was a blur. The lights, the benches, the paintings, even the walls blended into everything around them, becoming a rainbow of colors.

It came to a point where things just flew across the room, zig-zagging with the speed and intensity of the sudden twists and turns. A flower pot was making its way towards my face, but then a sharp turn made it go left, and crashed against what I'm thinking is a wall.

I had totally forgotten the 3 blinking rule, and remembered it when I tried to sooth my nerves. I blinked hard once, then twice, then the third time, I felt something change. It might have been slight, bit I felt it. The floor was sinking in, while I was staying in the same place. Not going down with it, not flying up, like the rest of the things were.

Could it be? Is this going to end? My hope was renewed as I thought this, feeling a smile getting broader and broader. Something told me in my gut to close my eyes, and I did so.

Strong winds, cool but hard, hit me like a slap to the face, but I didn't mind it. All I thought was, I'm going home. This is going to end.  I kept my eyes closed all the while, hoping that when I opened them, I would be home, where I wasn't dead, where I was with Nick, with Alex, where I was at home.

When I felt every thing stop, just frozen in place, I heard voices. Urgent and quick, two men talking back and forth between each other. Their voices faded and got stronger, leaving me to only hear parts of senteces.

"Do you think...?"

"... know. Maybe. But she..."

"I know that, Al... Wait, I think I see... fluttering."

"Yeah, yeah! I see... too! Just, try what I said..."

"Fine." I felt  some one pinch my nose, then my chin was pushed up. Air was forced down my mouth, into my throat, and into my lungs. More and more, each time more urgent than before.

At around the fith time, they stopped, and I was just plain scaired to open my eyes.

"Are you sure it...?"

"Yeah, don't you see her chest..."

"Yeah."

I decided, it's now or never. I slowly opened my eyes, to find blurry faces around me, both caked with worry.

"Gracie..." It was the voice again, from the tall muscular guy, black haired, and hazel eyed. I remember that voice, the face, the face that if all thiswas earased,, he would look like a 12 or 13 year old. I licked my lipes before trying to talk.

"N-nick. I'm not dead, am I?"

A low, forced chuckled responded. "No. You're alive. We thought you were, but you're not." I tried to sit up, and a terrible migrain I never knew I had came at me.

"Probably from the wind," I mumbled at myself.

"What?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing."

"Oh."

I started thinking of what happened, and how much it had shaken me. The coffin, my guardian angel, just the dream in total had scared me. I slowly started to gather my witts just as I realized that both guys were around me, and that the last thing that happened before what I asume was my dream, we were in a car

Alert and panic ran through me at once, and I sat up straight, looking from Alex, to Nick.

"Guys! Why isn't one of you driving?"

"What? Why would we drive in a room?"

"Because it could cr- wait, room?" I took in our surroundings, and realized that we were, infact, in a room.

"Yes Gracie, a room." Alex said room slowly, like I was a retarded little five year old, and Nick slapped him. As the two started up a diccusion about god-knows-what, I looked around the 'rrom'. The only thing was, it wasn't an ordinary room. It was plan. No T.V. No colorful walls,infact, one side isn't even a wall. It was made out of... bars.

"Oh my God..."

 "Oh, yeah," Nick stopped slapping Alex on the back of his head. "Um, we kindda got caught after you passed out."

"When did I pass out?"

"Right when our van got rolled over" Alex piped in.

 "How did it roll over?"

"How the hell do you not know!" Alex's face got red. And when I say red, I mean red.

"I don't know!"

"Hey, Alex, stop it. She hit her head on a rock before she passed out cold. She probably just lost her memory from before." Alex's face lightened at the realization, but got red again from the embarrassment of being ignorant and yelling at me.

"Sorry," he mummbled.

'Yeah, you better be."

"Um, excuse me. But, your trial is in a half hour. Just to let you know."