Expect the unexpected, 'cause it happenes alot

Chapter #4

                                             Expect the unexpected, 'cause it happens alot

     Okay, this really was a surprise. My Grandma? Even after talking two sentences I'm speechless. What can I say? That I expected my Grandma to be a police officer? Not likely. My Grandma is fucking 67, not 34.

"I-I..." I trailed off, knowing that nothing was to come out of my mouth.

"Honey-" My Grandma was interrupted by my boyfriend.

"Honey? What the fuck is this? Gracie? Answer me! How does she know you?" Nick just stared at me, while I was the one being blamed for this. It's like he thought that I kept it from him. Wait - I bet that that is exactly what he thought. That I kept it from him.

"Are you blaming me for-" Once again, I was interrupted, by Nick.

"For not telling me? Hell yeah. Big time"

"Now wait a minute young man, you have absolutely no right to yell at my granddaughter!" Okay, good. She was setting him straight. "I didn't tell her." Nick just rolled his eyes at that. "In fact, I didn't telling anyone in my family. Well, this side of the family." Nick was about to say something, but I interrupted him. How does it feel now, Nick? Ha ha!

"Wait, what? I thought you only had my bitch-ass mom." My Grandma didn't seem offended by what I called my mother, because apparently she knew it too.

"No. I had your mother then I had your aunt, Barbra. She had a daughter, ya'know. About your age. Yolie. Yeah, she was beautiful! Golden blond curly hair, with bright blue eyes... and the rest... well, let's just say that she has your features and personality." She cringed her face a bit. "Well, besides the boyfriend thing. You know, she's still single, if you want to mingle!" My Grandma winked at Nick.

"Grandma! He's my boyfriend! Don't go setting him up with some girl I don't even know."

"Yep. You got jealous. She doesn't get jealous." Again, she winked at Nick.

"That's 'cause she got nothing to live for!" I gave her a death glare, and she just shooed it off.

"If only looks could kill..." I trailed off, not feeling like finishing.

"If looks could kill, I would be dead right now. Yeah, you get a lot from your mother-"

"Don't go comparing me to that bitch" I hissed at her, and (damn her police training) she just waved it away, and turned to Nick.

"Nick, honey, how've you been? Gracie treating you good? I heard you two got lost on an island on who-knows-where. And now you two are running from the law. Lots 'o trouble, huh?" Nick just stared, not uddering a word. Noteven "Uuh." I tell you, he is pathetic when it comes to talking to heavy-duty polices. And trust me, my Grandma is heavy-duty, literally.

"Nick, you feeling okay?" I wanted to sound concerned, because he's starting to freak me out.

"Uuh, yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Just... shoked. Hey, what's Yolie's last name?"

"Well, she didn't really have a dad-"

"Boo-hoo" I rolled my eyes, and finished it off with the sarcastic cry.

"-so, Alvarez. Yeah, Yolie Alvarez. Why?"

"Oh fucking shit"

"Nick? What's wrong? Nick, do you know her? Tell me!" At this point I had walked across the office, and grabbed fistfulls of his shirt in my hands. I wanted to shake him, but even I knew that that wouldn't work.

"Gracie... stop. I'm fine. It's just that... I bumbed into this girl once, and she look just like you, only that she had blonde hair, and was a little shorter. She asked where to find your house, and I told her. She was carrying this bag that said 'Atomic Blast'." I gasped. "I asked her what It was, and she just said that it was a juice." I stared at Nick in dismay.

"Nick! That wasn't a juice, it was a maddeness accelerator! Well, not 'coo-coo! Coo-coo!' kind, the anger kind! No wonder my mom was so pissed off at me!"

"It wasn't my fault!"

"Did I say it was?" I was frantic and desperate, not to mention scared.

"Gracie! Nick! Come on! Stop it! My time here ends at 6:00 pm, so stay in here, and stay quiet. 'Kay?" She raised an eyebrow, so we both nodded. "Good. Now, I am expecting an other prisoner-"

"An other? we ain't no prisoners!" Nick was infuriated, so I had to calm him down.

"Nick, chill. I'm pretty sure that she didn't know what else to say." At leat he calmed down, right? That was good. And he didn't think much of what I said, even though it may not be true.

My Grandma shook her head. "Young love..." She tailed off, and I rolled my eyes. We sat in a loveseat, only because she didn't have sepperate chairs, or a sofa where I could lay down, stretch, and relax. So, instead, I leaned my head against Nick's shoulders. I guess I must have been really tired, because I felt drowsy right away. I started to slip into an empty sleep, when I felt a sudden lurch, and shake. I bolted upright in a second.

"Yo! Gracie! We fell asleep! And the office is totally black!" I could hear Nick, really loud, but acroos the room already.

"What? Where's-"

I...don't... know! How the hell are we going to get out? They must have high-tec security!"

"I know! I wonder if it ever occured to her to, oh I don't know... wake us up!!!!"

"That bit-" I stared at him coldly, and he knew to shut up.

"You call my Grandma a bitch and watch. She was trying to help us! Actually, she saved our asses from jail!" I really got into his face, close enough for him to feel the spit that came out of my mouth. I guess he got that I was a little protective of my Grandma, because he backed off.

I tried her cell, but all I got was her  voice-mail, and I closed the call. It was ten o'clock, when I looked at the clock. I heard a bit of a creak, but I thought that either Nick opened the door to look outside, or it happened alot. I know it happens at home.

"How in the freakin' world are we going to get out?"

"In a pickle?" HThe deep voice cracked up at that as if that was the most halarious thing in the world.

"Oh hell no!" How did he get in here? Crap.

 "Oh yes!"

--------******* just a FYI, Yolie is pronounced Jo-lie. It's Spanish :P. ok, Keep reading! :P