I Have You

Two days after trial

 I still couldn't believe that we got let go. Not at all. Just house arrest for fatal self defense. I was at an apartment that Nick and I rented until the 2 month arrest was over. Police officers locked every window, and guarded every possible exit. Considering that I already went for a lively ride,  I doubt that that I really want to get in trouble with the law ever again.

"Gracie, are you done in there?" I quickly closed the notebook, tossed it over the side of the bed, and wrapped myself up in the warm blankets.

"Yes, Nick, but i think that I'm going to sleep now." I feighned a yawn, then went on my side. I closed my eyes just as Nick opened the door.

"Weird, you never sleep in mid-day. You always said that it  made you loose your sleep at night. But, sleep well, I guess." His footsteps echoed on the tiled floor, then the sound and feel of the bed on the other side of me as Nick slowly crept in.

"Nick..." I groaned in annoyance.

"Gracie..." I hate it when Nick mimics me. I turned over to my side, and whispered something I haven't but should have.

"Thank-you."

"What for?"

"For being here. For helping me. For everything, I guess." Nick sneak just an inch closer. It's been so long since I've been able to see his face clearly, without having worry trace every outline of everything I see.

My breath caught in my mouth. I reached over an caressed Nick high cheekbones, and felt the small stuble forming at the side of his cheecks and down to his chin. Without realizing, my caressing brought his face closer to mine.

"Gracie,  people say you don't know what you have until you loose it. But I know exactly what I have. I have you." Nick pulled my face by the chin, and an electic wave hit my heart. His lips molded perfectly with mine as we went in sync.

That time I slept in Nick's arms, and for once in a long time...I felt safe.