Savior?

Chapter #6

                                                                              Savior?

We didn't talk much after that. Ok, so Alex wasn't all that bad. Kind of cute, actually. He said that the drug used on Nick is actually on 20 hours. He said that in a that's-a-huge-difference-so-be-glad-about-it kind of way, so I just nodded my head. Even though it wasn't. I guess it wasn't very smart to leave my Grandpa thrown on the floor. Especially in that condition. But my mind went...blank after Alex held on to me. We just left, Nick swung over his shoulder and me next to him. We ran across the Maine Police Station (MPS for short), and avoided any light we saw, and camaras. Once we finally made it to the car, I saw light. Every where. Crap, we're caught! Wait, the light wasn't manufactured. It was natural. Oh, wow, it's dawn. Has it been that long? 

"Gracie! Don't get distracted! The last thing we need is to get caught!" Touchy, much?

 "Sorry.....? I was just thinking how the hours pasted by in like, 5 seconds. Didn't mean to risk getting captured."

"Oh. OK then. So, where do you want to sit? Back, with your boyfriend-" He said 'boyfriend' in a weird way. "-or in front, with me?" If I didn't know any better, I would say he wanted me to sit with him.

"Um, I'll stay with Nick. In-case he wakes up early."

"Oh, yeah sure." His face was blank as he went to the driver seat.

And so began the ride all the way to Illinois.

                                                                           *****

"Are we there yet?"

"No"

10 minutes later.

"How 'bout now?"

"No."

10 minutes later.

"Now?"

"No! Shut up already!" 

30 minutes later.

"Ok, how 'bou-"

"No! We still have about 2 freaking hours to go!" This has been going on for about 5 hours, me asking if we were there yet, and Alex yelling no. Once in a while he would get pissed off, and I would stop for a while, then start again.

"Damn, I just wish that Nick would wake up already."

"Right."

Not much talking was done after that. Actually, I was left alone with my thoughts. If I hadn't asked that stupid question, we wouldn't be illegal right now. If my anger hadn't peaked, and turned into revenge, the police wouldn't be after us. If my own feelings hadn't betrayed me, I would be safe, at home, waiting for my parents' high to get low, talking to Nick, and the only danger coming from my Moms' hand, and not police guns.

"Quien te esta llamando, dime. (Who's calling you? Tell me.)" A high pitched voice interupted my thoughts, and I was scared half to death by the sudden sound. I had made that ringtone, with some special app that made your voice manly, girly, sexy, high, low, ect.  FYI, I was single when I had made that ringtone, and didn't feel like changing it. "Dime. Es un enamorado? (Tell me. Is it a lover?)" Damn, I really have to change my ringtone. "Oh, es- (Oh, is it-)"

"Hello?"

"Mmmmmmm, mn mh mmmmmmmd mmmmm!" All I heard were muffled cries, but they sounded familiar.

"Grandma? Is it you?"

"Mhm! Mhm!"

"What is it?" Instead of the familiar cries, new voice came up. A girlly-girl voice. One that already I knew I had to hate.

"Hear that? That's the sound of who? Oh yeah, our dear Grandma!"

"What the hell are you doing to her?" I felt like choking her.

"Oh, nothing. Yet."

What did Yolie want? Why does she hate me? My curiosity got the best of me, so, I voiced my questions.

"What do you want? Why are you doing this? Why do you hate me?"

"Oh, that's a secret. But if you really love your family as much as they say-" They? Who's they? "-then you would come here. Ow! You stupid bastard!" I heard distant smacking sounds, and the familiar muffled cries suddenly became louder with pain.

"Stop hurting her!"

"Then follow my plan, dumbass, and come here!"

"Hey, there's a lil' problem with your plan. Where is here?"

"Oh, Gramps didn't tell you? Then figure it out!" The last sentence was followed by cruel laughs, made only by those who are maniacs. And, not to be mean, but she kind of was a maniac. Wait, Gramps? He said something about her being in great care, some-where in-

"Cali! You want us to go to California?"

"I didn't say that I want you to come. I said if you really cared about your family as they say you do then you would come." She had this different pitch to her voice, kind of challenging me, mixed in with, I don't know, envy? Anger?

"Fine."

"Good"

"Bitch."

"Ass-" I didn't let her finish the word.

"-hole." I slyly smirked at that, even though I knew she couldn't see me. "See you in Cali." I quickly closed the call, so I wouldn't hear anything after that. Nick, wake up already! Alright, Alex, you said you were my savior, so, time to prove it.

"Um, do you mind going cross country instead?

"I what?"

"Um, well, I was kind of hoping we could go to Cali-"

"Cali! As in California?" I nodded my head. "What the fuck! Your lucky I'm going this far!" He took in a deep breath. "But fine."

"Aw! Thaks! Your the best!" He smiled at that.

Yolie, get prepared for your biggest, worstest, painful-est nightmare you will ever have. 'Cause I'm going to Cali, and to beat the crap out of you!