Caught!

Chapter #3

                                                                            Caught!

"You did not just say that! I can't believe you! How could you do this to me?" I was really hurt, not to mention pissed off. He lied to me, knowing how sensitive I am, was. But right now, i felt like slapping him right across the face. No, punching him right on the face. How could he go behind my back, and make a promise/bet out of what we're going through? That bitch. "Nick, as pissed off I am at you right now, I need to ask, where the hell are we going?" I wasn't scared, but I wasn't 100% sunshine, or in otherwords, I wasn't 100% secure.

"Um, I don't know." He sounded both worried, and unsure, and that was exactly what I needed.

"Good. I'm going to call my grandma, and ask her if we can stay there. I'm going to tell her all about what happened, and she will know what to do." Nick looked at me with a face saying what-the-fuck-are-you-doing? and I looked him back with a trust-me face. Nick just looked away, as if saying do what ever you want, nothing can get any worse. And that was good.

I took out my Droid X from my back-pack, and scrolled through the list of contacts, looking for Grandma Alvarez. I finally found her half way through, and hit "call". She picked up after the second ring, and I just rambled on and on, telling her every single detail, not even letting her enter any real words. Just "Oh", "ah" and gasps and so on. "So, can we go over to your house?" I guess I sounded really hope-full and that I needed some-one to lean on because she... said... yes!

After I hung up, I turned on the radio, and started singing to some of my favorite songs, 'Dancing with Tears in my Eyes', 'Kiss 'N Tell', 'Feels Like Rain', 'Take it Off', 'Cannibal' and so many more. Kesha sang some good songs, and right now, this radio station is having a Kesha marathon! Yay!

Nick shut me up by covering my mouth with his hand. "Shut... up! I think I saw a... get down!" He pushed me down the seat, and I hit my head on the dash-board.

"Uh, owwwww!" I slapped him on the arm, but he just sped away. I look back, and see the police look down, then he put on the sirens, and pulled out to follow us.

"Oh my god! Nick, he's following us! Hurry! Nick, hurry!"

"Gracie! Shut up and let me concentrate on driving!" I just looked back, and then I heard it. The static, and then the deep voice.

"Stop on the curb, and I will not call in inforcement." His deep voice filled the car, and I feared that voice so much. The voice of power. The voice of violence. The voice, of a cop. I told Nick to listen to the cop, and he pulled over.

"Okay, I will have to take you to the police station. You wil be questioned, because you look awfully familiar to a kid we're looking for. Are you alone?" The police looked around the car, but didn't find anything.

"No sir. I am with Altagracia Alvarez." I gasped, and so did the cop. "Gracie, get up." And i  got up, and the police directed us to get out of the car, looking waryly at me, with slit eyes.

 "Sir - "

"Nick. My name, is Nick, and stop looking at her like that. She isn't a muderer."

"Nick, I highly suggest that you turn her over, and you won't be an a accomplice."

"Too late. I was her 'helper' since her dad attacked her and threatened her with a knife. And Gracie is the one being blamed." Nick shook his head with disgust. My legs felt like rubber as I stood face-to-face with the cop. I tried to look strong, brave, so that Nick could relax more.

"Well, you still have to come with me to the police station. There, I will take you to be inspected by the captain, the second most powerful person in the station. So, I trust you enough to follow me from behind. Got that?" I stiffed, but still nodded, and Nick just stared forward, seeming distant, as if planning for the future.

"Nick, It's going to be fine, trust me. The worst they could do to you is trap you up for like a week or less."

"Yeah, but I'm afraid of what they might do to you." He grabbed both my hands.

"Manslaughter? But I didn't kill any-one... then again, it was in defence and I almost did kill him.. actually them both. I don't know. I guess we just have to wait and see." With that, I gave him a peck on the lips, and he got in the drivers' seat. I got in by the passenger seat, and got buckled in.

We followed the police all the way to the station, where I found lots and lots of little offices, with polices every where. The walk to the captains' office was long, going up stairs, and going up, down, and across hallways. A few cops congradulated the officer, which kept looking back to me, I guess to make sure I was still there, and didn't run-off.

 We finally made it to a huge office, and I came face-to-face wit a plaque on the door saying 'Captain Alvarez'. I dismissed the weird coincedence, just as the police officer opened the door. In there, seated with a sly smile, was... my... Grandma! My freakin' Grandma! My Grandma was a police! A police!

"Hello darling, Nick, I asume." She smiled slyly.

"Y-you as-sume correctly" I studerdered alot,  and I only said 3 words.