Memories that Last

Chapter #14

Memories that Last

Even though it has been a little over five months since the fight that started this all, I remember everything like it was yesterday. I could sometimes feel the pain radiating through my body. Laying in bed, I realized that I truly only had six happy years in all my life. The years my parents were actually normal. I wish that I could go back to the 'happy years', of which everything were just smiles and laughs. I remember humming along to the lullaby my mom teached me.

As I laid on the bed, I began to remember the thoughts of my childhood, and what could have been if my parents hadn't turned the way it did. I quickly fell asleep with the thought in mind.

I awoke in a room with purple walls and a yellow ceiling. In the bed, there was a girl, around the age of eight, with her mother sitting on the edge.

"So, sweetie, you have to promise me to take care of her."

"I will, Mommy." The girl sounded exasperated, like it was the millionth time she was told this.

"What will you name her?" The girl sat up, and something in my head snapped. Her hair was barely rubbing against the top of her shoulders. She turned her head my way, and her eyes were such a bright color of green, that it almost shocked me. Blankly, she stared at me, as if she didn't see me there, and were just staring at the wall.

"I think, I think," she took a deep breath, and began again. "I think that I still have to really see her, know her to really be able to label her with a name. I think that if I name her now, I will regret it."

Aprovingly, her mother nodded her head. I began realizing silly things, like the mothers' hair is blonde, and was just below her shoulders. Like the girls' eyes have a brightness to them like no other. How the girls' hair is a light auburn. How the girl looks identical to the younger me.

The younger me...

Suddenly, the girl got out of bed, and walked towards me. Just as she reached a few inches in front of my standing figure, the girl knelt down. Quietly, she lowered her head, and then repeated a few times the same sentence.

"I just wish I remembered that in the future."

I gasped, and just before the scene infront me disappeared completely, the girl looked up to me with pleading eyes.

I sat up straight in bed, taking in shaky breaths. It was starting to light up outside, and I looked at the clock on the nightstand.

3:46 am.

I laid back down, sighing deeply.

I'm not going to get anymore sleep, so why bother? I looked around room, trying to somehow find confort. The room didn't really have anything in it, just my suitcases. I keep everything in them, incase we have to leave with no time to spare.

I closed my eyes, and spread on the small bed.

Somehow, I knew that these memories that have past through my head were going to last quite some time.