Getting in Deep

Chapter #5

                                                                                Getting in Deep 

"Oh my God! How did you..." I trailed off, because there were a million different ways that he could have gotten in.

"Easy. I opened the door when this was open, said that I needed to talk to her, and then, I said to go some where more private, I lead her outside, drugged her, put her in my car, and took her some-where in Cali. Oh, but don't worry, she's in great family care." He just shrugged. He has no idea how much that simple gesture angered and annoyed me.

"You monster. You bitch. You ass-"

"Now, now, bad words won't get you any-where at this point. And, may I ask, where did you get your vocabulary?" He raised his eyesbrows in mocked shock.

"I got it from your daughter!" I ran with every thing I had, but it didn't help. He was too fast, too strong, too... family. He flipped me over, and I landed on my butt. He jumped on my back, and I got short-breathed. "Fuck!" God, my Grandpa was heavy! "Damn old man, loose some weight!" Since him and my Grandma divorced,  he gained weight. Lots of weight. How does he even fit through the door? Man, mysteries, mysteries...

  I heard a swift movement, but I didn't give much thought into it since my Grandpa started to jump on my back, and let out low grunts. I let out screams, because appearently the only thing in his day/night cycle was eat, think, eat, think about how to squish me, eat, think a bit more, eat, and then seep! No wonder he was so fat!

"Dude, get off me!" I tried every-thing, even tickling him! Where the hell is-. "Nick! Nick!"

"Nick won't help you now princess! Even if he wanted to..."

"Where is he? What did you do to him?" If he did anything to Nick, I would twist his filthy fat neck into a pretzel!

"Gracie, Gracie, calm down. I didn't do anything to him...yet." This sent me into a huge fit, and this amused him. "Ah, the same Gracie, loving, adorable, over-protective, under-protected, it kindda hurts to do this..." He trailed off, and I thought I had a chance. Thought.

"So, you'll let me go?" I hopeful, but I should have guessed his answer.

"Heh, yeah right!" He cracked up, and I took this chance. I elbowed him in the gut, and he doubled-over. I stood up and kicked him in the groin.  Asshole Grandpa crashed into a wall, and I hooked my right fist with his jaw. I looked around the room, with the little extra seconds. I couldn't see Nick, actually, I couldn't see anything. It was too dark.

"Where's-" I wasn't able to end the question, partly because I hit the floor, face first. And, well, hell with it! That's the only reason!

"No one hits me!" I felt a fist connect with my face, and then great pain.

"Fuck!" I was about to hit him, when an idea popped in my head. I remembered that my Grandpa had a really soft spot on his stomach, so I hit him hard there. I he lost his balance, and I pushed him off.

"Nick! Where are you? Nick!" I went and turned on the light, to find a closet partly opened. I walked swiftly towards it, while my Grandpa regained his breath. I opened the door, to find a passed-out Nick gagged and tied. I know it wasn't my Grandpa basically because he was with me. "Who did this?"

"Oh, you know, just a friend of mine. But don't worry, he'll wake up in about 24 hours." He sighed like this was the most boring conversation he has ever had. Okay, so, his 'friend' could go to hell, heaven, or that waiting-room in-between.

"Which friend?" I could literally feel smoke and steam coming from my ears. Ok, never-mind. Hell it is.

 "Um, let me see... uh, can't tell you!"

"Oh, ha-ha, real mature. You know, for a 69 year-old, you act like an elven year old." I scolded at his immaturity. I can't believe that I am actually having this conversation with my Grandpa. Like before, with arms crossed and just staring at each-other. Like before I knew that he hated me. For a reason that I still didn't know. I missed him. I'm sad that he went against me, sad that he divorced my Grandma. "Gramps, why did you divorce my Grandma?"

"It just wasn't working-out. We decided to wait 'till your mom and aunt grew up, then we divorced." He shrugged again. Damn, that gesture was getting annoying. "But, if you look at the bright side-" Really? he was asking me to look at the bright side? "- you would see that we had our reasons."

"But I miss you!" My sight started to blurr, and my Grandpa  had this look in his eyes that partly meant that he didn't want this any more that I did, but that look faded as quikly as it had appeared. He took advantage of this moment. He nocked me down to the floor, while my sight was still blurred with tears.I got mad. Really mad. He took advantage of me, and I was taken off-guard. I hissed, letting him know that punches and kicks were coming his way. I punched his nose, and felt and heard a sickening crack, due to the punch.

 "You little-"

"Now now, bad words won't get you any-where at this point." I mocked what he said earlier in the night. He lunged towards me, but I was able to neatly dodge it, and run across the room. Wow, talk about being fueled by your anger. And hurt. I never really understood what it meant to be fueled by your own feelings, until now. I punched and kicked, feeling the old man start to go limp, until I felt arms surround my struggling ones.

"What the fu-"

"I think that is enough.

"Yeah, you do! But not me!" I starting kicking again, but then the realization hit me. I wasn't talking to Nick. But I was talking to some one, but the thing is, I don't know who that some one is. Was it a police? If it was, then that would really make me look bad. Assaulting the elder. "Wait - who are you?" Okay, kindda stupid, and late, but late than never, right?

"I-" He started to answer. "-am your savior."

"You mean my Asshole grandpa's savior, right?" I was shocked. My savior?

"No, I'm saving your ass- I mean, I'm saving you from jail."

"But what about my boyfriend?"

"Your who?" He seemed desappointed that I said that.

"Boyfriend! You really think that I would be alive right now if it weren't for him? After what my dad almost did to me?" I stared in disbelief.

"I didn't know the back-story, 'k?" He said.

"M'k. So, what's your name?"

"Alex." And that was when all hell went loose. Literally.