Chapter 9: The Honeymoon

"Get up! Get up!" Kendra said as she jumped on my bed

"Go way! I'm tired" I said putting the covers over my head

"But you're going to be late for your honeymoon!" she whined

"Honeymoon?..." oh that's right I'm married... ugh I thought that was just a nightmare.

I peeled the covers back as my eyes adjusted to the lights pouring in from my window.

"Fine I'm up!" I said getting out of bed

Kendra let me finish my morning routine before she practically dragged me into the large closet and started throwing clothes at me

"Ooh you should wear this...and this.... and definitely this!" she said excitedly as she flung them in my direction without looking.

It was usless arguing against her so I just took the clothes and shooed her out of my room so that I could change. Once I did, I tied my hair up into a ponytail to get it out of the way. The outfit she chose was actually pretty cute. It consisted of a pale yellow sundress with a patent leather bow belt along with a pair of gold colored strappy wedges.

"Hurry up!" Kendra whined through the door

I finally opened the door and was greeted with a bright smile. Before I could even say good morning the blonde whirlwind dragged me down the stairs and all the way to the car waiting down stairs.

I was practically shoved into the back seat as the car drove off and both Rebecca and Kendra waved goodbye

"Did you sleep well?"

I jumped at the voice thinking I was alone and hit my head on the roof of the car. I heard muffled laughter before I looked up to see Adrian. Of course I wouldn't be alone,  who in the world would go on a honeymoon alone.

"ha ha very funny" I rolled my eyes

"sorry you're right it wasn't funny" but he still had that damned smile on his face

"is your head alright?"

"I have thick skull I'll be fine" I pouted

"Come on don't be like that, sorry for laughing alright" he said as he took two glasses and poured champagne into each glass

"a peace offering" he said nudging me to take the glass

I narrowed my eyes at him a little before taking the glass "fine, you're forgiven..."

I kept pestering him about where we were going but he didn't say a word and insisted on it being a surprise.

When we finally arrived at the airport we whizzed through security and were escorted to a private jet. The inside screamed luxury with the big screen television, leather trimmed seats, and a bar tender near the end of the jet. I mean seriously a personal bar on a jet?!

"Will you at least tell me how long this flight is?"

He had a thoughtful look on his face before he responded "not a chance" he smiled mischievously

"I really hate you right now" I pouted

He just laughed and ushered me inside the jet as we both settled into a seat next to each other. I was still pretty tired so it was no surprise to me when I pretty much slept through most the flight. When the plane landed I was nudged awake by Adrian as we got off. Outside of the plane it was pretty humid and warm.

"will you tell me where we are now?" I said looking up at him

"I'll tell you once we reach the hotel" he said with a smirk