Chapter 11: Bidding on the Heart

The moment me and Nathan opened the door to the house we were confronted by a very angry Adrian. He stormed towards us and rips me away from Nathan. How dare he since he had no right to be angry at all.

"I was worried sick about you! Yet here I see you having fun with my cousin. What were you thinking!? Not answering my calls and returning home so late!" he said to me completely ignoring Nathan.

"You have no right to be angry after what you put her through, you should have seen her she..."

"Enough! Nathan please go home I need to talk to Adrian..."

"but..."

"Please...." I pleaded

He sighed in defeat and shot me a worried look as he left. Then I turned my attention to a very unhappy Adrian

"He's right you know you have no right to treat me like this after what happened today." I glared at him

"You're my wife! I believe I have every right!" he glared back

"This isn't even a real marriage!"

"It doesn't matter, you are still my wife and I have every right to worry about you. Now what were you doing with my cousin!" he said darkly

"Unlike you, he was cheering me up and making sure I stayed happy!" I shouted frustrated at him

That's when I felt a pair of lips crash down onto me. it took me a moment to register what was happening, Adrain was kissing me! I push him away frustrated at him. how dare he steal my lips when he still had Odessa on his mind! Yet my heart beat furiously in my chest from the kiss.

"How dare you when you still have feelings for Odessa!" I started crying

He stayed silent, shocked at first but then he looked down bitterly. So he still had feelings for her even after all that she put him through... I was hurt beyond reason and I ran to my room. He didn't even bother to chase after me.

Plopping down onto my bed I screamed into my pillow frustrated. Why was my heart hurting so bad? Why did I have to let him affect me so much! That's when it clicked. I liked Adrian....I was so screwed!

-------

For the next few days after realizing my feelings I ignored him. I couldn't bare to face him after what I realized, especially since he was in love with another woman. A woman he was actually prepared to marry. Yet here I was, the fake wife standing in the way of his true happiness. Another reason I was not speaking to him was becasue I was still confused about the kiss, and most of all all too aware of my feelings. It hurt to know that he kissed me even though he had feelings for someone else. Then again why did he kiss me?

"So we have to go to a charity auction today..." he said awkwardly trying to get me to speak again

I simply nodded at him which seemed to make him more tense.

"I prepared a dress and shoes for you. They will be waiting for you on your bed.We leave in an hour" he said sadly before leaving the room to get ready

I felt bad ignoring him honestly but I didn't know what else to do. If I spoke to him I knew I would be giving away my feelings for him and I didn't want that. I didn't need to be more vulnerable.

I let outa deep sigh and walked towards my room. Like he said, there was a beautiful dress and a pair of dainty heels waited for me. The dress was beautiful but simple which was completely my style. I quickly put on the dress and heels and went to apply my makeup which consisted of only eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. I was never a fan of dramatic makeup and only wanted to enhance my features. I brushed out my curls and went downstairs. When I was done, Adrian was waiting for me in the foyer beneath the staircase.