Chapter 6

"Sorry this all happened" Little Cato cringed as he pushed Gary's food through the small hole of his cell, it was....it was something smushed together- he couldn't tell what it was but it didn't look pleasing.

"What can you do" the blond huffed, eating his food from the bowl anyway as the boy refilled his cup of water.
It was hot as hell and the man was allowed only one cup daily.

"Still..." Little Cato sighed, he was at least allowed to see...the wanderer in the open and privately now, first time had been really awkward for both of them as most of the crew was curious about the idiot that dared get on board a pirate ship.

"Truth be told- I didn't expect to survive nearly as long as I did in a barrel" the wanderer said, seeming not bothered by the taste of the food "plus...I'm not dead"

"Yeah...you nearly spent a week in there" Little Cato nodded

Silence was shared between the two as the blond finished the food- unknown to both, the captain had been been listening, having come to check up on his son but stopping near the corner as he heard their conversation. Both seemed to get along quite well...

"Hey...uuuh..." the boy started again, seeming unsure of his next question

"Yeah? What's up?" The wanderer replied, sitting against the wall to make himself comfortable- at least the cell was better than the barrel

"What's-" Little Cato stopped himself, deciding not to ask his name. If the wanderer had wanted to, he would've trusted him with his name

"We're still deciding what's going to happen to you..." he decided to say instead "I believe what you told us so...just hang in there" he smiled, ears falling with sympathy.
It was only fair he didn't give him his name...people were usually afraid of pirates and Little Cato's father happened to be one of the most fearsome.

"Don't worry about me- I'm pretty good at hanging on" the wanderer grinned "not to mention I have such a cute kid helping me out! I'm sure I'll be alright"

"I'm not cute" Little Cato rolled his eyes before standing with the empty plate, smiling down at the other

"Sure yer are" the wanderer snickered before smiling as well, giving a slight nod to show that'd he'd be ok with the other taking his leave now.

Sighing, Avocato decided to leave before his son saw him. He had planned on calling him up so if he was already coming himself there was no need.

He had to hand it to the guy though...The wanderer sure had some nerve to talk back to him then

"What?!" The human gasped "our crystal?! I'm the one who went through the trouble to get it!" He tried to break free- for someone who had been shaking in his boots moments ago, he sure got brave fast

"Well- I am going through the trouble of taking the crystal from you now" he hissed in distaste, disliking how the human talked back at him "if that makes you feel any better"

"It does not make me feel any better" the human said simply "that crystal is mine- I got it first!"

In the background, Avocato noticed his son shaking his head and waving his arms as if trying to warn the human to stop but he kept going anyway

"I got stuck in that smelly barrel because of the crystal, surrounded by some pirates-" the blond continued, huffing as the ropes around his arms didn't come any looser "the least that could happen is where I get to keep the crystal!"

"Following your logic" the captain stepped closer "the navy had it first, you stole it and now I took it from you" he smiled mockingly at the pathetic human "other events that followed after your little....heist- were completely on you"

"Not completely..." the human mumbled with a pout, knowing that- yes....it was his fault he was stuck in the middle of the sea with horrible pirates.

Bartolomew let out a bark of laughter, making the other shrink further in embarrassment before in fear as he noticed that the Captain was in fact angry. Eyeing the human with his head held high, it was truly as if the ventraxian was looking down on him...

"Take him to the cells- I'll decide how to punish this 'wanderer' later" he ordered, waving his hand.

The lynx ventraxian and tryvuulian scrambled forth, picking the human up from his pits and dragging him away. While the brown ventraxian didn't seem bothered, the tryvuulian seemed a bit apologetic.

"Wait...punish?!" The blond shrieked

"Oh hey dad" Little Cato greeted Avocato once he reached the deck, his ears lowering in guilt from upsetting his father.
Later on, after they locked the wanderer up, Little Cato was grounded- being forced to clean the whole ship by himself for two days straight (might not seem like a lot but once you are as small as him and have to clean it twice a day, ypu start to notice how messy everyone really is)

"I have decided on the human's punishment" his father said simply, head still raised high as he watched the dark sea before him

"Really?" Little Cato looked almost afraid "W-what is it?"

"In a few days we'll be making another stop near a coast... we'll have one of us hand him in to the prison, where a thief like him belongs" Avocato explained, it wasn't hard to see that despite living a life led with piracy, some aspects of being part of the Navy remained

"But we were going to steal the crystal as well!" Little Cato tried "What's the difference of him being locked up here to there?"

"The difference is he'll get what he deserves without you growing closer to him" Avocato finally looked down at his son "You are beginning to trust him just as he is planning...soon he'll try steal from us and make his escape by using you"

Surprised by the response, Little Cato remained quiet. He hadn't thought about that... he just thought the wanderer was a nice guy who got pulled along into a mess of events.

"Tell me...do you even know this 'wanderer's' name?" Avocato asked before sighing as he noticed he had made his son more upset with the question.
Slowly, he placed an arm around him and pulled him closer into a hug. He did not want to make his son sad...he just wants him to realize that not everyone has good intentions....certainly not a human thief.

"Sorry dad..." Little Cato said weakly, realizong that his father had just been worried. Avocato only hugged him tighter.

((Gary: that's my crystal!!

Avocato: OUR crystal