Chapter 22

"How exactly is this gonna help us?" Avocato sat next to the blond who had his eyes on the road but ears listening to whatever their new pals had to say

"It's not gonna help us- it's helping them" Gary rolled his eyes "not everything is about you, you know?" He huffed. Sure Bartolomew was an asshole but Gary didn't expect him to be THAT much of an ass.

The sun had reached past the hottest part of the day and soon it would start to get cold. Behind them was Bartolomew's crew being treated as any other normal non-pirate person (even Fox who had a gun for an arm).
Avocato caught himself smiling a few times at the scene of his family socialising normally with others- Gary, too...but when Avocato expected Gary to trade him about it- the human only smiled softly to himself.

The ventraxian understood Gary to some extent. Had he not helped the certain members of his crew- they would've never joined in the first place- but these two ladies weren't exactly in a state of need....just tired from a long walk.

"What are you planning" Avocato squinted his eyes at the blond, he was a thief and truth be told, Avocato didn't expect anyone to help for no reason

"Erm...they're two nice looking ladies" Gary winked with a mischievous grin.
Avocato widened his eyes in surprise, so Gary really was-- Sure, he had expected the man to have ukter motives but as the savior of his crew he had hoped it wouldn't be--

"Stop looking at me like I'm some sort of criminal" Gary lightly smacked the back of Avocato's head "I'm only kidding"

"Mrow--" Avocato yelped before glaring at the human, was he suicidal? He probably is--

"I just thought it be fun" Gary said, his tone a little quieter and his lips curled slightly as his eyes softened- he was telling the truth.

When the sky had changed into different tones of oranges and pinks, the group had finally arrived at the campsite that the gypsies had guided them to.

Human and ventraxian jumped off to help the others, the tall gypsy thanking them while the other only peered at them quietly.

"Woah..." Little Cato stood closer to his dad, hand coming to hold onto his shirt as he saw the....campsite?

The beach had many horses and boxes laying around, some tents set up and a bonfire in the middle of it all being surrounded by some people who looked similar to the ladies (although there were some other species too) sat around it, they all were wearing white.

"Hold on..."Gary blinked before he gasped  "Is this a wedding?! I am so sorry! I can-- we can go!" He said anxiously, realizing that they might be interfering with something important

"No- no!" The lady quickly shook her head with a laugh "You spend night here, festive with us" she clapped her hands before stepping closer to them with a smile.

"There" she pointed "new guests there- you join them" she nodded "sister show you"

"Oh- thank-- thank you" Gary nodded nervously, unsure if he was allowed to. Was this why the lady kept glaring at them? Anxious with the possibility that the other didn't like them, Gary visibly hid slightly behind Bartolomew, making the other raise an eyebrow in question

As the tall gypsy left after telling her sister to guide them, the other simply nodded and began to take them to a greenish tent.
Glancing back, Little Cato noticed some random people had began to give water to their horses and food to their horses.

Reaching the tent, the lady opened the flap and showed them in, it was spacious and there was a rack of white tunics hanged in the corner as well as