Chapter 8

Sighing heavily, he pintched the bridge of his snout, feeling the weight of his body double.
Avocato hadn't thought much of the incident but ever since seeing the human, that once confidently talked back to him, suddenly break- his expression had been engraved in Avocato's mind.
The ventraxian had began to rethink his actions, thinking whenever the wanderer had truly been telling the truth to Little Cato and he was just a man who accidently got dragged along in a pirate ship....but the evidence of the stolen crystal still remained.
Whoever this human was, he couldn't be taken lightly....he was a man who had stolen from the Italian Navy himself.

Even so...as Avocato drank his coffee and watched his crew, he had noticed a change of mood in his ship.
Everyone seemed to be carrying the weight and memory of the terrified human especially since...

Avocato sighed yet again, noticing how much it had affected his crew- especially his son who had came by to ask him a few days later if they were "the bad guys".

Making his way down, Avocato hoped the human had cheered up, stupidly sing in his cell and talk to the people that trapped him there as if their long lost friends- but alas... the human remained layed down on the floor, back to the captain, a full bowl of yesterday's 'food' in the corner and his water untouched.

Ever since the human began to be like this... his crew's spirits began to be brought down.

Slowly, Avocato placed a bowl of fresh fruit in his cell and patiently waited for any movement

But there was nothing.

With a sigh that had caused the other to flinch, he stood and left once again, ready to start his day as usual now.

He was going to die.

He was going to die trapped in a cell, with his freedom stolen away from him...

Granted- he did many things to have his freedom stolen. It was only fair, he steals and life steals his freedom.

Still, stealing shouldn't have brought his end so soon.

Was he finally paying for his crimes? Gary could only assume so...

Stolen of his peaceful life and freedom as a child, stolen from his surname which he remembers no longer... and now history repeats.
A nice round end, if he had to admit. From good to crap, to good then to crap...

"From Good to good. Crap to crap- I am nothing but crap to crap I shall return" Gary whispered, unable to keep his 'over-dramaticness' to his brain only, copying "from ashes to ashes, dust to dust" quote in his own form.

He didn't want to die though...that would be too...boring? Unsatisfying?
Just overall depressing.

He never even had a chance to adventure with anyone but himself...
There is no one in his life and now reality hit derringer than ever that certainly...there wouldn't be anyone to come rescue him, that he was alone and...

he was going to die...

Turning around with great effort, Gary listened to his stomach rumbled yet again, having barely eaten at all.
His eyes set on a bowl with some cut melon and grapes, looking fresh and juicy and we're cool against his touch.

Mouth watering, he gulped down his pride and picked up a grape- unsure whenever his food had been poisoned but willing to take the risk.
He popped the grape in his mouth and was overwhelmed with the sweetness, his dry mouth being soothed by the nectar of the fruit. Quickly, he realized he was starving and thus decided to eat the untouched bowl of yesterday's food quickly before taking his time with the fruit, feeling his hot tears run down his cheeks.

Was this a possible last meal? Was that why they offered fruit today?
Gary felt pathetic as he sobbed quietly as he ate, the sight of the dead man still fresh in his mind.

Unknown to him...
The Captain had remained near the corner, sat down as he regretfully began to feel sympathy for the human.

Later on that day, during their meal, Avocato sat in his chair uncomfortably as the once loud table was as quiet. Usually, Avocato was the only one who didn't speak during the meal times but even so he cleared his throat

"The...human ate today" he informed the others as he cut his food, catching the others by surprise

"I see...thats good to hear" Fox was the first to reply, being the kind giant he is

"M-maybe if we keep visiting him he'll cheer up again!" Evra suggested, she didn't seem to like the idea of having someone fear her

"Yeah" Ash attempted to support Evra's idea

And just like that the quiet returned to their tables and to their beds and to their dreams.
They shouldn't feel guilt over something they had done many times before, they shouldn't feel guilt to have scared a man who had attempted to steal from them...
They shouldn't...but even so Avocato did.

"Only a few more days until we arrive to America" he whispered to himself. After they leave the man there, it won't be their problem any longer.

((Just a short chapter to show the effect Gary had~ Woohoo!
Also it takes like 4 weeks to get to get from Italy to Ameica- so that's almost how long has been there))