Chapter 24

Morning had come and despite the pirate's headaches from the previous night, everyone was still woken up by Biskit telling them to get to work.

It was a group of zombies, they were groaning due to their hungover, complaining about the noise they were making while fixing the ship- Gary JUST knew that the tiny ventraxian was doing it on purpose to get back at him, that had to be it.

"How are you OK?" The blond whined as he leaned over the edge of the ship, squinting at Avocato who stood with his back straight, gracefully watching over the others

"I have a high alcohol tolerance" the ventraxian didn't bat an eye to the human "I'm surprised you don't have one though, with the way you drank I had assumed you would never get drunk" he smirked, finally looking at the state of the human before him

"Oh shut it" Gary huffed, his hair was a mess- it had a few flowers still knotted in between and it stuck up different ways, his eyes were puffy with some eyebags due to staying up late and crying over every little thing just before he passed out.

Avocato remembered yesterday clearly, although he knew the human would most likely remember nothing.
The sun was just ready to leave, darkness eloping the sky, leaving the ocean to reflect the sun's dying light. Avocato was helping Gary walk back to the tent, turns out that he gets easily drunk and energised but after a few more drinks he turns into a crying mess.
When drunk, Gary had no filter- he'd say whatever he thought or wanted to without a speck of a lie- making the ventraxian have to babysit him and forcefully shut him up when he was about to spill the fact that he lied to the others about being a pirate too or when he'd nearly call Avocato "Bartolomew" instead.

"Let me go" the human cried for some unknown reason, an arm hooked around Avocato to support him even though he insisted on walking by himself.
Being constantly pushed away, Avocato sighed and gave in, allowing the human to walk a few steps and trip so he'd learn that he simply couldn't walk without his help.

As Gary fell face flat on the floor, not a single step taken, there was brief silence before he began to cry again

"Ow" he whined, sitting up as he rubbed his eyes, a waterfall of tears falling once again

"See?" Avocato sighed, kneeling before the other "I told you-" he shook his head, regretting allowing the other to drink as he had a headache now.
He watched the human cry, slurring in-between hiccups some nonsense Avocato could not understand

"Nose hurts" "No go back" "scared" "hungry"

It seemed whatever he cried about seemed to change every hiccup he took.

"Why do you cry?" Avocato asked, expression softening in a mix of confusion and sympathy as he reached out to clear the never ending river of tears "what upsets you?"

As he held Gary's face in his hand, he noticed how smooth his skin was, taking the time to give it a few more strokes in amazement- it was ALMOST as smooth as a dolphin's and as someone who has fur, Avocatow as quite curious.

"StoOooOop" Gary whined, his tear ducts acting up again, so much for wiping the tears away

"Don't cry..." Avocato brushed Gary's hair out of his face, playing with it inbetween his finger tips for a moment before trying to tidy his hair futher.
Gary's eyes stared at Avocato, they were shiny from the tears which brought out the blue in them- his lip still wobbling in a pout had more of a tint to it just as his face did from both the alcohol and tears.

"...you look ugly when you cry" Avocato said, hoping this would finally make Gary stop

"I'm not uglyyyYyyYy" but he only cried more