Chapter 35

"The lovers" Avocato read the tarot card in his hand before lightly scowling at it, despite the misunderstanding the old lady had- Avocato still placed the card neatly inside his pocket which was stitched on the inside of his coat on the left side of his chest.
He patted the place the card lay as he strolled towards where he knew his ship was- Goodness, his ship.

The damn thing was enormous, almost as if built for the navy but it had been tweaked just for them... Bartolomew didn't think he could ever get his hands on another ship in another hundred years if it were by himself but...

"Somehow that idiot did it" Avocato huffed, ignoring the fact his mouth had curled upwards at the thought.

However, his thoughts were cut short when he heard worried whispers around him. Stopping in his tracks, Avocato tried to listen, seeming as he was dressed in his usual attire and no one seemed to bat an eye at the pirate, then this must be quite serious

"The Trickster"

That name was repeated quite a lot in their whispers and, while Bartolomew never cared for it, he decided that if such name drove everyone's peaceful day away then it would be best he'd stay away from this "Trickster".

"Dad! Dad!" Bartolomew heard his son call excitedly once he met midway in the corridor "guess what?!" He said widening his eyes

"The Trickster is here" Avocato rolled his eyes but smiled at his son's excitement

"You've heard too?" Little Cato seemed amazed that even his father, who wasn't one to be instrested in such things, heard about it "Oh...my...titans-" he gasped "its the real deal then!" The boy bounced, hands placed on his cheeks as he began to run in place with excitement "Dad! We gotta-"

"No" Avocato's reply came like a whip, quickly destroying any hope his kit had of meeting 'The Trickster'. The captain didn't stop his walk, knowing that if he were to check on the effect his rejection had on his son, he'd regret it and end up agreeing.

The young ventraxian stood in place, hands still placed on his cheeks and posture frozen with surprised as he blinked a few times, processing the quick reply.

"But dad!" Little Cato, for once, whined like a child, running after his father towards the ship.

Despite his resolute "no" it seemed that life had other plans for him as when he walked towards the shipyard, he heard screams and startled noises.
He couldn't help the hiss of frustration that left him when he saw an orange blur fly past him, cursing under his breath as he followed after it.

He paused, noticing his crew looking up at a figure that stood on a pile of boxes, two shorter ones at the base of the makeshift stage seeming to play patty-cake.
Following everyone's eyes, Avocato looked at the figure, realizing that they were the same ones that had spied on them not long ago.

As the tallest, that stood on the stage with sword drawn, reached for his hood, Avocato reached for his sword.

Murmurs flooded as the man was revealed to be a hooblot, the two shorter ones revealing themselves as well to be children. The two smiled innocently, seeming to be clueless as they waved at the crowd, giggling.

"I am David Dewinter!" The man announced, suddenly seeming less threatening now that he has revealed his face "and what I have said is the truth! I know who The Trickster is!!" He shouted, sword in the air.

"No way" Ash scoffed but her eyes shone with curiosity. She sat ontop of a box Fox was holding in order to have a better view.
Fox didn't seem to mind since Little Cato scrabbled on his back to sit ontop of his shoulders, tails wiggling with glee.