Chapter 11

"Ugh--" the wanderer held onto the wall as he sat on the corner in the dining room, everyone seemed to be alright except for him

"Here you go, Mr Wanderer" Evra floated by before sitting on her knees besides him "it'd medicine from Japan, should help you feel less seasick" she handed him the cup of tea

"Thank you Evra, dear" the blond thanked as he took the cup, he looked pale and felt overall like crap due to the storm outside.
Evra beamed, seeming happy to help before she happily skipped her way back to Ash- Gary could only wonder how the swinging of the ship didn't make them sick.

Most of their day was spent eyeing the human with suspicion, keeping a close eye as the other simply sat on the deck looking out the sea.
Kevin, the other human on the ship, had been the one to try strike a conversation first- but the man only ended up rambling to himself about fishing before he began fishing besides Gary.

The blond didn't mind, as someone who travelled a lot he was used to learning new things and listening to others... but he wasn't exactly instrested in fishing- even so he began to ramble about spear fishing he learnt in California with the Hupa tribe.
Kevin seemed very intrigued with the conversation, listening to the method and the story of how Gary completely failed at fishing with a spear- he said that Nyata would find it quite easy as he fished with an arpoon- that caused in Nyata to be called over and join the conversation (which was really just sit there, listen and nod).

With Gary talking about his knowledge of other cultures, the crew began to believe that he certainly was just a wanderer, which caused in Little Cato to finally begin to talk with the human again.

"Sorry" the boy apologized after explaining what had happened

"No worries, kit" Gary chuckled "your father was just looking out for ypu- I respect that" he messed with his hair and thus their friendship was back.

Evra, who was Little Cato's friend and just curious and naive in general, was quick to fill Gary with questions to which he happily tried to reply to.
He mentioned something that left the girl overjoyed, causing Ash to join in. Gary had mentioned seeing images on walls of old ruins of people that resembled Evra out in the North, turns out the girl had never seen her own species before.

With Ash joining in to celebrate the hope of Evra's possible family, which Gary had assumed she never met, Fox joined in as well- listening to Gary who confessed he had never seen a Tryvuulian up so close.

This left Biskit, Clarance and Bartolomew to watch the group from afar. The Captain watching the human like a hawk, making sure he wouldn't try to hurt his pack.
Biskit had no special interest in the human, his loyalty was to his captain alone, plus he had work to do- fixing up parts of the ship that had yet to be fixed. While Clarance's only intrest was the gold the human brought, wondering how he got it.

Thus night came and they were caught in the middle of a storm. The wanderer becoming easily seasick, the teens remaining inside with him and Bartolomew, who was keeping a close eye on the human, while the adults were outside steering the ship and making sure things were alright.

"Don't puke in my ship" the captain warned to which the wanderer replied with a bleching sound on purpose.

Soon enough, one by one, people began to leave in order to finally rest. Leaving Bartolomew and the wanderer by themselves in the dining room

"If you think I'm going to rest and leave you here to scheme, you are wrong" Captain Bartolomew stood from his seat and stepped closer to the pale human

"I'm not going to do any-- Urk-- anything" the blond forced himself up, legs buckling under him "but I was going to go rest anyway- not because of you though" he pathetically made his way out, climbing up the stairs only to fall face flat upstairs.

"How do you even fall up the stairs?" Bartolomew lifted his brow, holding back a laugh to see the human fall

"Shut up" the other mumbled, trying not to slip on the wet floor, caused by the rain, as he made his way back to the cell.

The captain just watched, making sure the human wasn't coming back up before he began to watch the rain fall. It was nice and cool in contrast to the previous hot days- however, Avocato didn't like to get wet, so heremained in his study, where he drank some wine to keep himself warm.

It was odd. The human seemed foolish at first, an idiot who didn't have a sense of danger as he talked back and argued with pirates...yet, he came up with an idea to give himself freedom and seems to carry different kinds of knowledge.

Avocato had watched and listened. The human was quite expressive, the ventraxian had paid great attention on how his forehead creases when he was surprised or how his brows furrowed when confused, his pearly white teeth when he smiled and eyes that seemed attentive with details.
Very expressive indeed, you could almost read the man's thoughts by simply looking at his face...yet, the ventraxian hadn't heard or seen the human laugh once.

If Avocato had to describe this wanderer, he'd describe him as annoying but interesting, foolish but cultured, beautiful but simply not worth the work.

While sat down in his study, tidying the loose papers around his desk, Bartolomew heard a thud outside before a groan was heard.

"That damned human" the captain instantly recognised the voice, grumbling as he stood and made his way out.

Outside, in the rain, as the human neat the edge of the boat. He had his eyes closed as his nose pointed to the sky, a fai t and relaxed smile upon his lips as the cold rain hit his face.

"What are you doing?" Bartolomew stepped closer with suspicion, making the human turn

"Needed some fresh air" the other rolled his eyes before looking down at the waters, watching the waves below hit harshly against the wood

"Don't stand too close to the edge" Captain Bartolomew warned, scrunching his nose when the other scoffed

"Don't tell me what to d--"

Suddenly, a big wave caused the boat to swing strongly, making the human tip over the edge and fall into the freezing sea.

"Told you--" Bartolomew grumbled as he was quick to act, quickly grabbing some rope and tiying it around the pole before climbing down the side of the ship.
He made sure to wrap the rope securely around his hand, grasping tightly onto it as to not fall while the other reached down

"Grab onto my hand!" He shouted through the loud waves, watching the human struggle to stay above water.
Wave after wave the human was knocked down, coughing as he swallowed the salty waters. Even so, he managed to reach the Captain's hand and grab onto it as the other threw him over the shoulder and climbed back up.

Now back on the ship, Bartolomew dropped the wanderer onto the floor, watching him cough and shiver as he grasped onto his own chest.
His body was quite thin, Bartolomew noted that his white shirt was see-through, thin but defined. His wet blond hair stuck to his forehead, now freezing cold. Face pale as he gasped, trying to calm himself down.

"Here" Captain Bartolomew removed his own jacket and threw it ontop the human's shoulders, the jacket being so heavy that nearly brought the human face flat on the floor again.
"Go rest" he ordered, leaving the human to return by himself- certainly he wasn't foolish enough to make the same mistake twice.

Gary heaved for air, processing what had just occurred. Everything seemed to be a blur but he still couldn't help but let his face flush in embarrassment of having being saved by the same man that had trapped him on this cursed ship.

He couldn't wait until the moment he didn't have to see that pirate again.