Chapter 29

"This is so good!!" Evra spoke with a mouthful of food, Gary nodding with his cheeks full in agreement

"What is this anyway?" Ash asked as she ate the food with them

"Lamb" Avocato replied, easily recognising the taste

"It's delicious that's what it is!" Little Cato groaned, leaning onto his father as he shoved for food into his mouth.

Mister Oceano had been nice enough to let them have at least one free meal, giving them the luxury of eating in their offered Inn room in exchange for them to stay there until he is done with their ship. The crew agreeing because food is food and no one would dare reject top quality free food.
Ofcourse, they were allowed to leave when they needed staff's attention or to clean themselves but other than that, they would mostly stay in their room.

"You guys--" Biskit munched "are fools, can't you see that there's nothing to do in here?"

"Weren't you agreeing with them though?" Kevin asked, taking a napkin and cleaning something off Biskit's fur before getting hissed at.

Standing up, Fox excused himself and sat on the bed as he pat his stomach due to being full. Ash soon followed and then Little Cato did as well, flopping over the body of the tryvuulian with a groan before rolling and clothing onto his stomach

"I told you not to eat too much so fast" Avocato scolded, earning another groan in reply. Chuckling, Avocato decided he had enough as well and stood to get some fresh air from the balcony.
He let himself relax as he looked out towards the small fish boats pulling up on a beach not too far from the inn, the same in which they had arrived. The scenery was overall peaceful, scratching out the noise from ships being built during daytime.

His nose twitched and ears flicked as he got the feeling of being watched. Without moving his head, his eyes began to look around, searching for the one observing him.
Across on the road, staring up at their balcony was three hooded figures watching Avocato.

The ventraxian lift stood properly, back straight as he glared down at them in warning, his throat rumbling in a low quiet growl that only he could hear, not wanting to alert the others.
Seeming to understand, the three strangers turned around and disappeared from Avocato's eyes through a certain alleyway, leaving the ventraxian with an uncomfortable feeling.

Did the navy follow them here? Or did they send spies this time so they could plot their movement?

Sighing, Avocato returned inside to be met with only Gary in the room. He blinked in surprise, the human seeming just as surprised

"What the--" he mumbled "you were here the whole time?" Gary asked

"I could ask you the same thing" Avocato looked around, looking for a sign of his crew "you were surprisingly quiet"

Gary only huffed in reply. He had lost track of time by dissociating from reality, far too lost in his own little mind and world

"If you're looking for the others they already went to the bathhouse" Gary layed on his side, one hand propping his head up while the other scratched his hear "since it will be closing soon"

"I see" Avocato relaxed slightly, they were with eachother so it'd be fine...right?

"You not going?" Gary asked with a yawn

"I'll go around same time as you" Avocato sat down on the other bed

"Ew- you pervert" Gary cringed

"I'm not a pervert" Avocato replied with an eyeroll

"Says the guy who started feeling me down first time we met" Gary countered

"I was searching for the crystal" the other growled