Chapter 32

Anxiety rushed through his veins as he entered the shop with the small kid, Yak's eyes scanning around for anyone that might be here to kill him.

"What clothes do you want?" He asked with his eyes still looking around, not wanting to waste a second to look at the child and get himself killed

"Can it be this?" He heard from his side but didn't look

"Sure- just hurry" Yak nodded quickly, scratching the skin of edge of his fingers

"Are you sure?" Gary asked again "looks expensive"

The word "expensive" made the teen turn and look at last, in Gary's hand an OK quality suit.

"I'm not rich, pick something else" Yak huffed as he snatched the suit away and hanged it up on a random place

"You help me choose them" Gary huffed back "you are barely paying attention"

Sighing, Yak began to look around, his eyes landing on a simple cream colored shirt and some shorts, paying for them before anything could be said.

"Here- go change, I'm going" Yak said in a hurry, turning to leave. He needed to find a way to hide from those guys his boss sent- maybe even move to a place further away.
However he was forced to stop when the child grabbed his wrist, making him turn

"These are probably the only good clothes I'll ever get..." Gary looked down, the clothes being held tightly "but I'm dirty- so can you please show me somewhere I can wash up first?" He looked up, pouting with big eyes.

"I can't--"

"Surely you're not going to leave a hungry, scared and feeezing child who is simply asking for directions, all alone?" Gary continued "You're a really kind person with a big heart- there's no way you won't help since it's free and won't take much time, afterall...there's no way you're that cold hearted" he said with a small smile, a glint of something wicked behind his eyes.

Yak bit on the edge of his sleeves, the guilt of leaving the kid alone weighing on him. Gary was right, it wouldn't hurt to help and it didn't take a good eye-sigheted person to see the child was dirty.

So he began leading Gary towards a small river that passed through that town, Gary following along. They made their way to a more hidden area, hidden by bushes just outside the town, so no one could see them.

"Wowie!" Gary gasped, neatly placing the new clothes down as Yak sat down somewhere.

Removing his clothes without an ounce of shame, Gary stepped into the water, shivering at the cold.
Gary was skinny, way skinnier than Yak. His spine bones would pop out at his back and you could see his ribs even without stretching...He looked like he should be dead, if Yak had to be honest- yet Gary seemed to carry so much energy.

Yak observed for a moment, his eyes lingering on the tattoo on the boy's neck for a moment...He really was a slave- Yak could get in trouble for helping a slave...and he didn't need more troubl--

"What are you looking at, weirdo?" He heard the other say

"What" Yak blinked at the change of attitude

"I mean-- is there something on me?" He laughed innocently

It's not that Yak hasn't noticed before but still, was this kid really that rude? .... then again, Yak shouldn't have stared

"I was just surprised is all" The brunette said "you didn't look like a boy but lo and behold" he gestured

"Hey!" Gary placed his hands on his hips "if someone introduces themselves to you as a boy then they are a boy- wherever they have it down there or not!" He huffed