Chapter 21

Rising in the sky, the sun seemed to be warmer than usual. Besides the blond was the youngest ventraxian who had insisted on waking early despite last night's exciting events.
Little Cato peacefully ate some bread with fresh cheese accompanied by a glass bottle of milk that they had stolen the previous night. He had been nervous, wanting to save up food but Gary had told him that it would be fine to eat two meals a day and

"Just eat when you're hungry" his father said to which, for once, the blond seemed to agree with.

Behind them, leaning back, was his father watching them. He still looked the same as yesterday, minus the mask which was replaced by his eyepatch, as it was too hot to wear his layers of clothes.
The rest of their crew was sleeping, some on top of eachother (mainly on top of Fox), piles of food neatly organised and covered by the itchy cloth on the corners along with their original clothes and some folded cloaks.
Everyone was still in disguise and they'd be for a while...

"I've been thinking" Ash sat down with a serious expression as she played with the apple in her hand "what happens after the wondere-- Gary takes us out of the capital"

Ash was a lot like Avocato since she respected him a lot, she and her Captain would be usually the firsts to point out problems many would try to avoid talking about.
Her question that even Bartolomew, himself, didn't want to ask- brought a long conversation between the crew as Gary never really answered it.

Ofcourse they all want to go back to their previous life in the sea but....How would they with the Galaxy One, their ship, gone?

Little Cato was worried, with two horses now...they didn't need to take many stops and soon enough their journey would be over.
Frowning, the boy looked up from his milk to look around at the many trees around, the path rocky and wobbly. He wouldn't get to go on land adventures like these ever again, like the festival....Or hanging out with Gary.

"What's with the long face?" Ash asked as she sat next to Little Cato, making the boy jump in surprise

"Oh! You're awake" Little Cato smoothed closer to Gary to give her more space

"Yeah" she nodded but didn't say much after that

As if following an example, the rest of the crew began to wake up and it soon the silence was over as it became lively once again.

"Good....Morning!!" Evra Rose up into the sky before coming back down to dig into their food, forcing everyone to have breakfast together.

"Eat" Avocato ordered as he stood and took his son's previous seat besides Gary "I'll take over"

"Huh?" Gary blinked in surprise "you sure? This isn't a ship" he grinned teasingly

"I know" Avocato huffed, forcing the rope out of Gary's hand and shooing him away. Out of all of them, Gary didn't eat or rest as much- Avocato didn't want the blond to pass out and give more work for him.

The human watched the other steer the horses correctly for a moment before finally standing up

"Thanks" he thanked quietly so only Avocato cpuld hear, feeling a bit embarrassed on doing so.

Sitting down on the small circle the others have formed, Gary felt...odd. No- not the odd where its "What is this new found feeling?" It's the odd that....he is the odd one- he doesn't belong here with them. If he were to leave right this moment, the picture of everyone eating happily would not change.

Which is odd right? Why would Gary, someone who knew they didn't belong anywhere from the very start, even consider such thoughts? It's nothing new to him, if anything, he had already gone through the "I don't belong anywhere boo hoo" phase.
So why would he get uncomfortable now?

Surprisingly, Gary ate quietly and rather quickly in order to leave the scene as soon as possible. Recieving an eyebrow raise from Avocato when he sat down besides the other doing "gimme" motions with his hands

"Rest for a bit" Avocato suggested "your hands are all red like a robster- it's weird"

"You're weird" Gary yanked the rope back, making the wagon tilt slightly due to the horses suddenly changing directions.
This caused in Avocato awkwardly be forced closer to Gary, bumping his shoulder against the human's.

He sat there for a moment, claws dug into the wood of the wagon as he felt the other's shoulder that seemed to cause his to burn. Uncomfortable he quickly stood and moved as far away as possible from the human.

"So dramatic" Gary grinned his teeth in annoyance "do you really hate me that much?" He muttered under his breath before his attention was taken to two figures in the distance.

Drawing closer, Gary noticed it were two gypsies, most likely sisters from how similar they looked. They were walking towards the same direction they were going on the singular path.
Clicking his tongue, Gary pulled on the ropes to make the horses slow down and stop a few steps ahead of the gypsies.

"Why did we stop?" Fox looked around, with the wagon coming to a stop, the crew grew quiet- some glancing out to see the two ladies who seemed just as confused.

"Need a ride?" Gary called to the girls before giving a friendly smile

"Hold on--" Ash shook her head as she whispered "how do you just invite strangers like that?" She blinked in surprise as if this was absurd- what if they were thiefs or some type of assassins? Behind her, Avocato nodded his head in agreement

"My wagon- my rules" Gary whispered back with a huff before turning to the girls who stepped closer.

"Excuse- excuse me" rhe shortest stepped forth with a smile, she had dark skin and even darker hair but her eyes were an unusual purple - probably a mix of human and alien "where are you go?"

"Leaving the capital- no real destination for now" he smiled politely with a shrug

"Ah" the girl turned, seeming to translate whatever Gary said to the other who had a more of a cold look, her and Gary's eyes meeting after the shortest finished. Gary grew a bit nervous under her gaze as she said nothing, seeming to study him before she turned to the other and saying something in a foreign language

"My sibling talk that we go to camp" the girl smiled "not make it time by foot, can you take?"

Gary blinked before humming in thought, he glanced back at the other's- usually he'd accept in a go but he already has Bartolomew's crew to worry about.

"Where is your camp?" He asked instead

"Near coast" she answered "beach- uuh ah! Beach outside the capital, half day travel" she nodded

"Cant take ypu for free" Gary smiled "let us rest at your camp in exchange"

Blinking in surprise while processing Gary's words, the girl finally turned to her sister and translated to which her sister nodded in agreement.

"Ah- Ok" she nodded finally with a smile to which Gary returned with a wider one.
Jumping off the wagon, Gary helped the two on before returning to his seat and heading towards his new destination.

"Name's Gary by the way!" He called back to them

"Oh! Gary, thank you- I'm Naomi" the woman smiled, shyly waving at the other's

"Azas" the other replied, understanding this was an introduction

Avocato nodded in greeting, Ash following the example while Evra, Little Cato, Fox and even Kevin waved back at them.

Fine...if Gary wasn't going to be careful with strangers and allow anyone to come near, Bartolomew will just have to keep an eye out to make sure it's safe.

((Hey guys!! Really sorry if this chapter is a bit messy ^^

Also- the chapters of this story might be out of place, I tried fixing it but it's not working- so please read the Chapter number before reading as to not get confused ;;))