Chapter Twenty-Nine ~ Primary Colours

CJ sits next to Jughead, opposite Reggie in the cafeteria at school "I just loved your spin piece in the paper, Olivia Pope

CJ sits next to Jughead, opposite Reggie in the cafeteria at school "I just loved your spin piece in the paper, Olivia Pope." Jughead tells Veronica. "Can we not, Jughead?" Archie asks. "Did you know about Southside High closing?" Reggie asks. "Or the prison?" CJ asks Veronica. "Of course not. That was all her parents' doing. Right, V?" Betty asks Veronica. "She didn't know, Jughead, CJ, Reggie, okay? So, back off." Archie tells the three of them. "Fine. We have to conserve my energy anyhow." CJ says. "Wer'e going on a hunger strike to protest Southside High closing and to get it reopened." Jughead explains. Archie scoffs "What?" Reggie asks. Archie laughs slightly "I'm sorry, man. It's just... Jug. You're, like, always eating. I mean, good luck with that, but..." he trails off. "Hey, it's CJ, Reggie and Jughead's prerogative to protest peacefully, so we're gonna support that, aren't we?" Betty asks standing up for them. CJ spots Ethel walk over, holding a milkshake from Pop's "Veronica?" Ethel says. "Oh, hey, Ethel." Veronica smiles. "For your crimes against the town of Riverdale, for everything that you and your family have done and continue to do, we find you guilty. Your sentence is this." Ethel shakes before throwing g the milkshake in Veronica's face. The group gasp and Archie drops his sand which in shock. Everyone in the cafeteria start laughing slightly, CJ puts her hand over her mouth to stop the laughter coming from her. Archie looks at her and glares as Veronica and Betty go to clean off "What?" CJ asks. "Why'd you laugh? She's meant to be your best friend." Archie tells her. "She was til she started keeping secrets from me and ruining the Southside. Don't start saying she doesn't know anything because it's obvious she does." CJ retorts before standing up and storming off, Reggie following after her.

CJ sits on Reggie's lap the next day when Veronica walks into the room with a smile "Friends, I have an exciting announcement to make

CJ sits on Reggie's lap the next day when Veronica walks into the room with a smile "Friends, I have an exciting announcement to make. I'm running for Student Council President against Chuck "The Cocky" Clayton." she tells them. CJ groans and leans into Reggie as Jughead grunts slightly "You've got to be kidding me." CJ says. "If yesterday's dramatic events taught me anything, it's that Veronica Lodge is not a victim. Nor will she ever allow herself to be one." Veronica says. "Your parents are taking over Riverdale and now you want to take over our school? So what is this? Part of Mommy and Daddy's evil bidding?" Jughead asks. "Jug, I get that you're in a bad mood because you haven't eaten in..." Archie starts. "Actually, Jughead, my parents think I should avoid the spotlight." Veronica interrupts Archie. "Really?" Reggie asks. "But I was born for elected office." Veronica smiles. "V, if you want to be President, you've got our vote." Betty smiles. "Yeah, Team Ronnie all the way." Archie adds. "B? As the Thelma to my Louise, I can't imagine doing this with anyone else. Will you be my running mate?" Veronica asks Betty. "Of course, V. I'd be honored." Betty smiles standing up. "Amaze! B and V! Now, that's a team you can believe in." Veronica smiles putting an arm round Betty's shoulders.