Chapter Seven ~ In A Lonely Place

A couple days later CJ wakes up to Jughead and Archie's voices. She turns over and opens her eyes to Jughead and Archie stood by the door. Wide eyes she gets up and goes to Jughead who puts his arm round her. She smiles slightly and quickly goes to get dressed.

She hurries back to the cupboard and dumps her sleep stuff in there

She hurries back to the cupboard and dumps her sleep stuff in there. "How long?" Archie asks them. "Well, since they shut down the drive-in. That's where we were living before." Jughead tells him. "Why the hell are you not living at home?" Archie asks. "The truth is, things aren't good at home." "With your dad?" "Yeah. He kind of fell off the wagon after your dad fired him, to tell you the truth. Hasn't had a job since. He promises he'll get his act together but our mom couldn't take that roller coaster anymore so she grabbed Jellybean and went to live with our grandparents. Come on." the three of them start walking down the corridor.

"God, Jug, CJ, why didn't you tell me? Where does your dad think you are?" "He thinks we're couch-surfing." "Well, screw that. Live with me." "This is temporary, man. We're going to figure something out. Just don't tell anybody. Especially not Betty." "Or Reggie." CJ adds. "Betty? She's not gonna care. Neither is Reggie. If anyone's gonna be a snob about it, maybe Veronica." Archie tells them. "Right, well, exactly. Don't tell her, either." Jughead says.

Later that morning the group is sat in the common room. Jughead is sat with Betty and CJ with Reggie. "My mom and dad don't wanna get the police involved. They don't want anyone to know she ran away,
or about her shameful condition." Betty tells the group. CJ shakes her head "Please. What decade is this?" she asks annoyed. Reggie notices she's getting riled up so put a comforting hand on hers. "Well, since she knew where Jason's car was they're afraid people might think that she burned it and that if she did..." Betty tells them. "She could be the murderer covering her tracks." CJ realises. "Who did burn the car?" Reggie asks. "Sheriff Keller says it's possible someone was following us." Betty tells him. "Oh, my God. Honestly, guys, we should just move." Veronica tells them. "Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?" Betty asks getting upset as Jughead starts comforting her.

"Betty, even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police." Archie tells her. "Seconded. We can talk to my dad about how he has to be discreet." Kevin adds. "No offense, Kev, but your dad answers to a higher authority than God." Jughead says. "The Blossoms. They're the first people he would tell. And if there's anyone to keep this a secret from, it's the Blossoms." CJ says. "They'd twist it around and go after Polly out of spite." Reggie adds. "How can we help? Tell us, B. We'll do it." Veronica asks Betty.

Jughead and CJ walk together through the halls when Archie goes after them. "Hey, Juggy, CJ. You know how you said you didn't want Betty or Reggie knowing where you were living? Is that because you and Betty, and you and Reggie?" Archie asks. CJ blushes causing Archie to smile and put an arm round her "It's cute." he tells her before turning to Jughead. "We may have had a moment." Jughead tells him. "It's cool, I get it. No worries. I'm just curious. Hey, I've been thinking about your situation. And I talked to my dad. And he said he's willing to give your dad a second chance but only if FP wants it. He's gonna call him. I think you should talk to him. Between the three of us, we can make this happen." Archie tells them making CJ smile and take her phone out.