Chapter Twenty-Five ~ The Wicked And The Divine

CJ sits on the sofa at her dad and Jughead's trailer

CJ sits on the sofa at her dad and Jughead's trailer. FP sits next to her with his arm over the back of the sofa behind her. Just then there's a knock on the door making FP open it. "Sheriff Keller, what a surprise." he greets. "CJ, Jughead, FP. Sorry to bother you. It's..." Keller starts. "We don't have General Pickens' head, and we do not know who stole it. Same as the last four times you came by to ask us and our neighbors." CJ cuts him off. "You know, Sheriff, these visits are starting to feel a lot like harassment. There's absolutely no evidence. Zero proof whatsoever pointing to any particular group of suspects." Jughead continues. "Well, you did write a rather scathing article about the General's legacy, which prompted the Southside Serpents to stop by at Pickens' Day with an ax to grind." Keller frowns. "I'm actually writing a new article about how you seem to care more about catching a vandal than the Black Hood. Can I get a quote?" Jughead asks making CJ and FP chuckle in response.

CJ sits on Reggie's lap as Veronica talks to everyone about her confirmation. "I already invited Archie, but I want you guys to be there, as well. Usually these kinds of events, baptisms, confirmations are family-only, but since it's all about me and you guys are my chosen family, I pulled a few strings and reserved you a pew." she tells them. "What is the dress code?" CJ asks her. "Catholic chic. So, dresses for the girls, veils optional. And coats and ties for the boys." Veronica responds. "Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper, please report to the principal's office. Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper to the principal's office." Weatherbee says over the PA.

CJ jumps out of Reggie's car and leads him to her trailer. "What the hell!" she exclaims seeing an eviction notice on her door. Reggie reads it over her shoulder and frowns at it. CJ opens her door and picks up Oreo and puts him on his lead. "I need to go for a walk. You want to come?" she asks Reggie. Smiling he nods "Let's go. You want to ask Toni, Sweets and Fangs as well?" he asks. CJ nods and they go and get their friends. They walk to the park and walk over to a little duck pond. "I can't believe that they're trying to evict us all. I mean where do they expect everyone to go?" Sweetpea rants throwing Oreo's ball for him. "Sweets, we'll sort something out if need be. At the minute we'll see if we can do anything to stop it." CJ tells her friend. Sweetpea sighs and nods as Oreo runs back over.  "If need be I have savings, I'll use that to get a place for the fivefold us, possibly seven with Jug and Dad." CJ tells everyone."I'll help with it aswell, I've got savings aswell." Reggie adds making CJ smile and kiss his cheek. "Come on let's head to the Wyrm." Toni suggests.

CJ stands with Reggie, Jughead and her friends as FP addresses the serpents. "We all got the eviction notices, but I swear to you... No one is goin' anywhere. But the heat's been on us since Pickens Day and they're using that damn statue as an excuse to turn it up. But if we're gonna fix this, I gotta ask: Is anyone in this room responsible for cutting off Pickens' head?" FP asks. "Why don't you ask your son what he has to say?" Tallboy asks making CJ go to step forward, Reggie stopping her. "What is your problem with me, Tall Boy?" Jughead asks him. "You wrote the article that started this mess. You and your posse fired the opening shot at Pickens Day." Tallboy glares. "It was a peaceful protest, Turncoat." CJ retorts. "That accomplished nothing. So what's to say that you and your brother or boyfriend didn't go back that night with a ladder and hacksaw." Tallboy accuses. "Hey! We didn't do it. Hell, Tall Boy, you're the tallest guy in this room. You wouldn't even need a ladder." Jughead retorts. "CJ... Jughead... Tall Boy, the last thing we need right now is to turn on each other. Hey... We'll find a way out of this." FP tells the three of them.