Chapter Forty-Three ~ Outbreak

CJ jumps on her bike after getting a phone call from Jughead saying that he was heading to their mum's place "Be careful and ring me when you get there

CJ jumps on her bike after getting a phone call from Jughead saying that he was heading to their mum's place "Be careful and ring me when you get there." Reggie reminds her. "I know, I'll call you every night aswell. I just need to make sure that Juggie and Arch are alright." CJ smiles giving him a kiss before driving toward Toledo. CJ pulls up to the Junk Yard as Jughead and Archie jump off the back of a truck "Miss me boys?" she smiles. "CJ! What are you doing here?" Jughead asks. "Thought I'd come check on you guys, beside I want to see Jelly aswell." CJ responds hugging each of them. "Well, this is definitely the place." Jughead smiles. "You guys lost? Or looking to pick up some merch?" a man asks coming to the fence. "We're looking for Gladys Jones. We're family. We need a place to stay." CJ explains. "Jughead, CJ?" ghee hear a girl ask. "Jellybean?" Jughead asks. "Thought I smelled something rotten. You heard him. Open the damn gate." Jellybean tells the man. The three teens walk into the yard and the siblings all embrace each other laughing.

Jellybean leads them through to where Gladys is working "CJ? Jughead?" she gasps. "Hi, Mom." Jughead responds as CJ smiles. "Oh, Jug. Oh! You feel like a... Like a bag of tire irons." Gladys says hugging her son before turning and hugging CJ as well "Are you eating? Ugh, you're not a vegetarian now, are you?" Gladys asks the twins. "You wound us, Mother." CJ smiles. "Oh... I recognize that rooster top. Archie Andrews? Oh! Gosh, you sure grew up." Gladys smiles hugging Archie before looking between Jughead and Archie "Oh! So... You two finally got together, huh? I always knew there was something going on between you." she smiles. CJ snorts "Uh, no, we're not together together. We're just on the road together." Jughead corrects. "Yeah. Like a bromance." Archie nods. "Sure. I know you didn't come to Toledo for the weather. What's going on? Why didn't you call me, tell me you were coming?" Gladys asks. "Last time we called, you told us we couldn't come." CJ responds making Jellybean look at their mother. "Well, that was a different time. Hey, I got my GED now. Hmm? I started this whole place up. I am a legit businesswoman now." Gladys tells them. "Hey, Gladys, tailpipe just came in with these. Where do you want 'em?" Lug nut says walking over. "Yeah, not right now, Lugnut. Oh, hey, hold up. Get the crew together, huh? Tell 'em my kids have come home. And their best pal, too. Tonight, we are going to feast." Gladys responds. "Whoa, yeah!" Lug nut responds.

"Give me a sec, I need to call Reggie. I told him I'd call him when I got here." CJ tells her family. "Reggie?" Gladys asks. "CJ here has a boyfriend." Jughead smiles. "Ooh, he cute?" Gladys asks. "Mum!" CJ groans before pulling out her phone and calling Reggie. "Hey baby." Reggie answers. "Hey Reg, I got here safe." CJ smiles. "Good, how are your mum and sister?" Reggie asks. "They're good, Jelly is so big now. Archie and Jughead are here aswell, safe." CJ responds smiling still. "Good. Listen there's been more seizures. All the Vixens minus Cheryl collapsed, Veronica included." Reggie tells her. "What! Are they okay?" CJ asks. "I think so. I'll text you anything I find, Joaquin is helping me as we still haven't heard from Betty." Reggie explains. "Alright. I'll call you tomorrow. I love you." CJ tells him. "Love you too baby." Reggie responds before hanging up. Jellybean walks over to CJ "You said the L word." she comments. "Yes I did." CJ smiles. "I want to see a picture. Is he a serpent?" Jellybean asks as they walk over to where Jughead, Archie and Gladys are sat. "Yes, he became a Serpent for me and here's a picture." CJ responds. Jellybean grabs the phone and runs over to their mum "Mum, this is Reggie." she smiles. "Jellybean, give me my phone!" CJ exclaims. "Huh, he is cute and a serpent aswell." Gladys smiles handing her eldest daughter her phone back. CJ groans and sits next to Jughead as he explains everything that has happened.