Chapter Thirty-Three ~ Shadow of a Doubt

CJ jumps off her bike at school "Hey Doll

CJ jumps off her bike at school "Hey Doll." she hears from behind her. Turning she smiles when she sees Malachi leaning against the hood of his car "Mal!" she grins running over and hugging him. As they release CJ smiles "When did you get out?" she asks. "This morning, thought I'd come see you and warn you. The Ghoulies are out for blood, they want war, I'm holding them back but soon enough they're going to ignore me." Malachi explains. CJ nods "Thanks for the forewarning. I'll let Dad and Jug know, we'll warn the rest of the Serpents. "I might have to join you in the serpents. The Ghoulies aren't happy with me, Dagger is the only one who is still... respectful." Malachi tells her. "You know where I am." CJ smiles. Malachi nods and kisses her forehead "I best be off but I'll see you later doll." he tells her. "Bye Mal." CJ smiles before heading into school.

On free period the serpents gather in the swords and serpents room "An informant cam d to me this morning. Our old adversaries, the Ghoulies, have been released. Word on the street is that they want Serpent blood. They're gunning for a re-match. They want war." CJ explains. As she finishes Chuck leads the Bulldogs into the room, Archie trying to stop them "Which one of you reptiles was screwing Midge Klump?" he asks angrily. "What the hell is going on? This is a private meeting." Jughead tells them. " I'm guessing it was you, Sweet Pea." Chuck says pointing at the taller serpent. "Chuck, that's enough." Archie tries. "You ass, I didn't even know Midge. But yeah, I get why she wouldn't want fleas from you mangy Bulldogs!" Sweetpea retorts. Chuck darts forward and starts trying to attack Sweetpea, Reggie grabs Sweetpea and pulls him back as Jughead and Archie get between the two groups. "Chuck, no!" Archie shouts. "Hey, hey, hey, hey!" Jughead tries. CJ jumps on the desk "Stop fighting now!" she shouts making everyone stop. Reggie helps her off the desk and kisses her forehead "Let's get out of here." he tells her.

After school, CJ joins Fangs and Jughead in the trailer "It's bad, CJ, Jones. It's really bad." Fangs says. "So talk to us, Fangs." Jughead tells him. "On the opening night of Carrie, when you were backstage filming your documentary and you found me in Midge's dressing room... I wasn't just giving her notes..." Fangs trails off. "You were hooking up. And you didn't tell Sheriff Keller? Jeez, Fangs, do you know how guilty this makes you look?" Jughead asks. CJ groans and runs her hand through her hair "I know! I know." Fangs responds. "Did you do it?" Jughead asks. Cj glares at her twin and hits the upside of his head "Of course not." Fangs responds. Jughead nods with a sigh "You've got to believe me, Jones!" Fangs begs. "We do don't we Jug?" CJ tells Fangs while giving Jughead a look. Jughead nods in response "Can you delete the footage off your camera?" Fangs asks. "I already gave the footage over to Sheriff Keller as evidence." Jughead says making Fangs groan. "What do I do, Jones?" Fangs asks. "Nothing. Lay low. Serpents got your back." Jughead tells him. "I got your back." CJ adds placing a hand on Fangs' arm.

" CJ adds placing a hand on Fangs' arm