Chapter Fifty-Three ~ Jawbreaker

CJ lies on her's and Reggie's bed, Oreo's head on her stomach

CJ lies on her's and Reggie's bed, Oreo's head on her stomach. Reggie walks out their en suite with a towel wrapped round his waist "Weren't you going to go with your dad and Jug to see Baby Teeth's body?" he asks. "Couldn't face it, woke up feeling ill and... I don't want to see him like that. He was a good guy and he became a good friend." CJ explains, stroking Oreo's head. Reggie walks over and crouches by the bed "You want me to get you anything?" he asks. "I'm alright, promise. Just a tad queasy." CJ assures him, give him a small kiss. Reggie nods with a smiles and kisses her head, standing up and grabbing some clothes to change into "I'm going to go to the gym, see Archie and the others. You want to come?" he asks. "Yeah, I want to check on the others. See how they're holding up." CJ nods. "You. Have a heart of gold." Reggie tells her, gently kissing her as she sits up. "Hm, don't think your getting out of your punishment by being all sweet." CJ smiles. "Dammit, thought it might work." Reggie grins cheekily. "Too bad I don't fall for it." CJ smirks, giving him another kiss but this time more passionate. Smiling she pulls away "Come on then." she tells him, walking out their room. "That was so not fair." Reggie pouts, following after her. "Who said I played fair?" CJ asks. "Fair point." Reggie sighs.

The couple walk into El Royale, CJ jumping on Archie's back "Morning." she smiles. "Morning CJ." Archie chuckles, giving her a hug as she jumps down. The three of them walk round to the others, CJ leaning back into Reggie' arms "Look, I know you're all pissed about Baby Teeth..." Archie starts. "Damn right." one of the boy cuts in. "And his killer will be caught. I swear to you. But, in the meantime, we honor our fallen brother." Archie continues. "How the hell do we do that?" one of the boys asks. "I'm dedicating my next match to Baby Teeth." Mad Dog says, walking in. "No one asked you, Mad Dog. Why are you even here?" one of the boys ask. "Because Baby Teeth was my brother, too." Mad Dog responds. "Wait, Mad Dog, what match? Did Elio already hook you up with one?" Archie asks. "There's a boxing tournament this weekend called the Gilded Gloves. I was gonna fight to win. But now, I'm gonna fight to win and honor Baby Teeth." Mad Dog explains.

After going to the gym, the three of them head to the school. Archie sits next to Jughead as CJ sits on Reggie's lap "How's your boxing career these days, Archie?" Veronica asks. "Your pal Elio is organizing a boxing event called the Gilded Gloves. " Archie tells her. "Brawny young men, shirtless and in shorts, go on." Veronica smiles, CJ and Betty smiling at their friend. "I was thinking, maybe you could help get the El Royale crew a spot in the tournament. The guys could use a win, or at least a boost after what happened to Baby Teeth." Archie explains. "Let me see what I can do." Veronica tells him. "Good morning, my dear Riverdale High constituents and comrades. A lot of you have been asking about the Farm's Student Advocacy group. Well, here's the skinny. Sign up sheets are posted throughout the school. The club is open to all students. Where the one become many, and the many become one. So uncap those pens,  sharpen those pencils, and sign up. A little birdie told me it's what all the cool kids are doing." Cheryl says over the audio system.

Looking up, CJ sees Cheryl, Fangs and Kevin walk past all in white with Evelyn "Don't believe him." CJ mutters, Reggie rubbing her arm comfortingly. "Invasion of the Body Snatchers continues." Jughead remarks. "So, let me get this straight, the reason Cheryl is all-in on the Farm is that she gets to see and talk to Jason?" Veronica asks. "Yeah. My mom's entirely convinced that she's seeing and talking to Charles, her long-lost son." Betty responds, Veronica scoffing. "What if you prove that Charles was dead? I mean, your mom's lost touch with reality, so maybe the best way to snap her out of her delusions is with a harsh dose of truth. Like, proof that Charles is dead. Or basically anything that will refute these fantasies that Edgar Evernever is spinning." Jughead suggests.