Chapter Forty-Five ~ The Stranger

CJ and Reggie join Betty, Veronica, Jughead and Archie in Pop's to celebrate Archie returning to Riverdale "Two chocolates, two vanilla, one CJ special and a root beer float for Archie

CJ and Reggie join Betty, Veronica, Jughead and Archie in Pop's to celebrate Archie returning to Riverdale "Two chocolates, two vanilla, one CJ special and a root beer float for Archie. Welcome home, son." Pop smiles. "Thanks, Pop." Archie smiles. "Since when do you drink root beer floats?" Betty asks. "I guess I'm just not in the mood for a strawberry milkshake." Archie responds. "New drink, new hair, new haunted, vacant look in your eyes..." Jughead lists. "Guys. Archie just lived through The Revenant. Let him order what he wants." Veronica says. "So what'd I miss while I was gone?" Archie asks. "Well, thanks to the town quarantine orchestrated by my father, Pop's was shut-down and just reopened. And he's also been attacking shipments to the speakeasy. But, thankfully, I've hired the Serpents as my full-time protection, and that service extends to you, Archie." Veronica explains. "You don't have to worry about Hiram's goons coming after you or your dad. You won't be able to see 'em, but I have guys watching you, 24/7. And I have a possible lead that could diffuse this threat permanently." Jughead explains. "What, Jug?" Betty asks. "You can't tell anyone. Joaquin and Fangs are deep undercover in the Gargoyle Gang. They haven't met the King yet, but he's still working on it and when we get access to him, we're gonna take him down." CJ explains quietly. "My bet is that it's Hiram underneath the mask... Sorry, Veronica." Jughead says. "Don't be. I wouldn't put it past him." Veronica responds. "Well, there goes studying for the SATs." Betty says. "What? SATs?" Archie asks. "Yeah, they're this Saturday. Don't worry, Arch. I'll help you study and get you caught up, okay? We all will." CJ tells him. "I'm sorry, Betty, but your debit card was declined." Pop says walking over. "We got you, Bee. Just put it on our tab, Pop." CJ tells Pop with a smile.

The next day CJ sits with Reggie studying when Jughead walks in "Fangs and Joaquin have news

The next day CJ sits with Reggie studying when Jughead walks in "Fangs and Joaquin have news." he tells them making them stand and go to meet them in the bunker. "Guys, we're in." Joaquin smiles. "Tell us everything. What happened?" Jughead asks. "The Gargoyle King. The other guys told us that he's impressed by our Fizzle Rocks sales, so he wants to invite us into his inner circle. They're having a ceremony tomorrow night. He'll be there." Joaquin explains. "Fangs, Joaquin, this is huge. Where's it happening?" CJ asks. "A clearing in Fox Forest. Not too far from here." Fangs responds. "What do you want us to do?" Joaquin asks. "We want you to go. Don't worry, you're gonna have back up." Jughead tells them making CJ and Reggie nod in agreement.