Chapter Thirteen ~ The Sweet Hereafter

Later CJ sits with Jughead on her bed

Later CJ sits with Jughead on her bed. "I love you Juggie. I don't say it enough. You're my twin, my other half." she tells him. "I love you too CJ" he tells her kissing her forehead lovingly. CJ smiles as Jughead walks out. She pulls out the pills and puts them in her pocket. Pulling out her phone she calls Reggie. "Hey Baby girl." he says down the phone. "Hey Reggie can we meet somewhere?" she asks. "Sure you want to come over. My parents aren't here Mum went with Dad to a work thing." "Okay I'll be there in a few." she tells him before hanging up. As CJ pulls up to Reggie's house she checks her pocket for the pills. Knowing they're there she walks over to the door. Reggie opens it and kisses her on the lips softly. They walk into the living room where they sit down. "I'm going to go to the loo a second." she tells him. Reggie smiles and kisses her softly again before letting her go.

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

Once in the bathroom she pulls the pills out. Checking the label again to make sure that they're sleeping pills she starts taking them one after the other. She finishes taking them and quickly puts a send to all on her phone to her friends.
*I love you*
Putting the bottle in her pocket, she puts her phone on mute and goes back to Reggie. Smiling she sits down. "I love you Reggie." she tells him. "I love you too." he smiles kissing her. Slowly CJ feels herself get tired, smiling she puts her head on Reggie's chest. Reggie moves slightly making the bottle fall out her pocket.

⚠️Over ⚠️

Reggie gently lifts her and puts her on the sofa. He picks up the bottle and looks at it. He drops it and turns to CJ "Baby! Wake up!" he tells her. Moaning her eyes flutter open and then closed again. "No! Stay awake." he tells her firmly. Pulling out his phone he calls 911 followed by Jughead.

Reggie what is it?
It's CJ!
What! What's happened?
She's OD'd Jughead. I'm at mine with her an ambulance is coming.
I'll meet you at the hospital.

Reggie hangs up and looks at CJ. Gently he lifts her and puts her on the floor so she's completely flat. Holding her hand her talks to her "CJ? Baby you have to stay awake for a few minutes more okay?" he tells her crying. Reggie puts his head to her mouth and realises she isn't breathing. "No no no! Don't do this baby." he cries as he starts CPR. "Come on baby breath for me." he tells her before giving her another breathe. He starts compressing her chest again. Soon the ambulance arrives and rushes into the living room. "What's her name?" one of them asks. "CJ." he says as the other starts CPR again. They load her into the ambulance with Reggie getting in his car and following.

Reggie pulls out his phone and sends a group message to Toni, Fangs and Sweetpea.
*Hospital Now! *
Soon after he arrives at the hospital and goes to the waiting room. Rushing to the main desk he looks at the receptionist. "CJ Jones. She's just been brought in." he tells her. "She can't been seen right now. They're doing their best." the lady tells him. Reggie sighs and starts pacing the waiting room. "Reggie!" he hears from the entrance. Turning he sees Jughead, Archie, Veronica and Betty with their parents and Toni, Fangs and Sweetpea. Jughead hugs Reggie with Reggie doing the same. Both boys start crying as the other teens join the hug. They all pull away and sit in the chairs. Toni sits next to Reggie with Fangs and Sweetpea. As they sit Reggie breaks down again causing Toni to hug him. He puts his head on her and she strokes his hair gently. "CJ Jones?" a nurse asks. "That's us." Jughead says as the teens all stand up. "She's in recovery. They had to pump her stomach. As long as there is one person in the room with her at all times we won't have to use any restraints." she tells them. "You can go see her now, but be warned she is very upset." she adds at the end. Jughead and Reggie hug again before they lead the teens to her room. CJ smiles timidly as they walk in. Jughead immediately hugs her and starts crying. CJ hugs back and start crying herself. "I got you sis. I love you so much. Please don't do that again." Jughead tells her. CJ nods as they pull away allowing Reggie to pull her in for a hug aswell. "I love you." he tells her kissing her head. "I love you too." she tells him.