Chapter Forty-One ~ Manhunter

CJ walks downstairs and kisses Reggie good morning "Is that my shirt?" Reggie asks her

CJ walks downstairs and kisses Reggie good morning "Is that my shirt?" Reggie asks her. "Maybe." CJ smiles before pulling him in for another kiss. "Okay you two, we get it. You're in love." Fangs jokes as Sweetpea makes kissing noises. CJ laughs and sticks her tongue out at them "Rude." Sweetpea pouts putting a hand to his chest making them all laugh. Just the Joaquin walks downstairs "Hey guys, any news?" he asks. "Not yet but I'm working on it. Just stay here and look after Oreo while we go to school. I'll call if we have any news." CJ responds kissing his cheek before leading Reggie, Fangs and Sweetpea out to the car. "Remind me to fix your bikes for you." CJ tells Fangs and Sweetpea as they climb in.

Later everyone sits in class while Minetta and Hermione talk to everyone "Archie is a murderer, and we know he didn't escape alone. He had help. Hiding a convict or withholding information from the law is a felony offense. So, whoever's aided and abetted Archie Andrews is just as much of a criminal as he is." Minetta tells everyone. "I was busy all day, Sheriff. You can check my browser history. If you know what I mean." Chuck tells the sheriff making CJ roll her eyes. "I don't even know this Archie person. And on Mondays, I host a group for teen Farmies. We are still accepting members." Evelyn pipes up. "Where were you, Miss McCoy, at the time of the breakout?" Minetta asks Josie. "Don't look at me, sir. I, uh... I... I was in the music room practicing." Josie stammers. "Alone? I'll be looking into all of your alibis, and if I find out later that someone in here was involved, then you can say goodbye to this school, your hopes and dreams, your music, your entire future. All of it goes away just like that. So, again, to be clear, if you know anything that..." Minetta continues. CJ looks as spots Josie going into a seizure "Sheriff Minetta, back off!" she exclaims as she and Cheryl run over and catch Josie as she falls to the floor.

The next day CJ heads to the speakeasy with Betty "It's okay, Kevin

The next day CJ heads to the speakeasy with Betty "It's okay, Kevin. He's a doctor. We can trust him. Oh, and bring small bills." Betty says before hanging up. CJ opens the door and the pair of them walk down into the speakeasy "Elizabeth, CJ. Don't tell me this is your doing." Alice says walking over. "We sent the invitations from the Gargoyle King." CJ responds. "What?" Alice asks. "And, look, you all came." CJ continues. "What are you up to?" Alice asks. "All of the secrets end now, Mom. And this was the only way to do it, to get all of you together. Someone in this room is a murderer." Betty tells all the adults. "Alice, we promised each other we would never talk about this. I mean, who else did you tell?" Hermione asks. "I told Betty and CJ to protect them, so they wouldn't play the game." Alice defends. "And it worked. We're not playing the game, but many of your kids are. This is about protecting them, don't you care?" Betty asks. "Care? Josie had a seizure this morning. I should be with her right now. Not here rehashing the past when it has zero relevance." Sierra McCoy pipes up. "Attorney McCoy, it is relevant. Your daughter is playing the game, along with Kevin and Cheryl, and I managed to stop Reggie from playing Mr. Mantle, even without the black eyes you give him." CJ glares looking at Reggie's dad. "I would never hit my son." he defends. "Another lie." CJ retorts.