♡BEGINNING OF A NEW LIFE♡

Ava POV

Hi I'm Ava Parker I just recently turned 18 and finished college here in the UK, I thought I could give you an introduction on me so here are some more things about me.
☆I'm 18 and my birthday is July 2 (I went with my actual birthday)
☆I live in London
☆I'm an only child
☆I am also an average student for grades I'm not all A's but I don't get F
☆I have applied for a university in America: I went with NYU, Harvard and Yale
☆I love my dad but my mum is an alcoholic she said she will try better but never has
☆I can speak English, Spanish and Russian
☆My mum is half Spanish, half English and my dad is half Russian and half English

That's pretty much it I have no pets so it gets real lonely and my best friend is wanting to stay here in UK but we promised eachother we will text daily and call eachother. My bestfriend is Eric Newman we have been bestfriends since we were 5 in year 1 when he moved, he is around 5"10 so he towers over me and he has dirty blonde hair with Hazel eyes, he has a muscular figure and not to mention he plays rugby and football. Whereas I am 5"5 with light brown hair and blue grey eyes I have a slim figure that has a bit of muscles over the summer I promised myself to have a glow up for when I was 18 and what do you know I sure did. At the age of 14 i felt really insecure of my weight and acne but now I'm nearly acne free because everyone gets the odd one now and again and I go in the gym 1-2 a week.

I'm currently sitting in my bedroom looking out my window on the phone to Eric we are both waiting for our university choices to come to us he wants to go to some university in UK for sport and athletic sounds boring to me I want to go to university for my acting and writing. I have always loved writing and my handwriting has improved alot and I love to act, I have been in a drama club since I was around 9 and its been a big passion of mine.
"So how much longer for you avacado?" Don't ask we have nicknames for eachother I get called avacado and he gets called e.r reasoning for nicknames well as he plays sport he has gone to the hospital alot so e.r is his nickname and for me avacodo is simply because my name is ava and I love avocado well not live but I do like it. "Um I hope soon it says results will be up at 4pm for our time right?" I ask a bit worried I got timing wrong and he could sense my nerves "av don't worry it's right now 10 to 4 so let's talk a bit. Which school do you hope to get into?" Eric always knows how to calm me down. "Ooh I hope for NYU or Harvard what about you e.r?" He was silent for a bit clearly thinking "I'm not too worried which one I get into if I'm honest" "wanna facetime for when we get our results?" He asks eager "sure why not" I hear the hang up button then the facetime button "Nice to see your face" I laugh because my face is all tanned "ha ha your so funny you know you should have a comedy show" he laughs at my sarcasm which I join in, I look at the time and there is 5 minutes remaining. "So why are you not telling your mum yet?" He asks, Eric knows about the situation with my mum and drinking "to be honest Eric I gonna tell her when I have the result" I say confidently but on the inside I'm worried as fuck "Ok as long as you do" I hear a ping on his computer and not more than 10 seconds later I see one from me and we look at eachother and go straight to our mails. "Ok we look at the same time ready?" I nod my head eagerly and we count from 3, I open it up as does Eric and i can't believe it 'Good afternoon Miss Parker, I'm pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into NYU, we are looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks time on the 18th August which you start school on the 20th and a tour on the 19th. When you get to school you will head to the reception and get your dorm room there will be older kids there who have volunteered to help your year find reception. We can't wait to meet you from England.
Many thanks,
Mr Landon (head of school).

NO WAY "OMG, OMG, OMGGGG" Eric looked at me "you did not get in" "I so did Eric I got into NYU omg this is, omg I freaking out" I look at Eric and I realise he never told me if he got in. "What about you?" "I got in aswell" we squealed like little girls when they see a puppy or kitten "go tell your parents ava" he looked at me with a face I knew to well 'if you don't tell them it will make things worse' "Ok I will go, call you later" "bye" we hung up and I ran down the stairs to see my mum and dad at the table "hello mom and dad" I walk up to them with a huge grin "hello there ava" "you alright honey" is the 2 usual replies I receive from them. "I have something to tell you guys" I look at them with a serious face but they can tell I was still smiling, they gave me the face to continue so I did so. "Um well- I got my email about university, I uh" I looked down cleared my throat and said "I got into NYU" My mom looked shocked and my dad looked happy "you what? I mean congrats honey but uh how?" My mom asks, and my dad replies "we are extremely happy for you, but how are you getting there" "ok right there paying for travel" they said the general ok and phew "we will miss you honey but you are now going to live your dream of being and actress or writer and we can't tell you how much we are proud of you" my dad started with tears forming I look at him and hug him close I have always been a daddy's girl then I look at my mum "Well I think because you leave in what 2 weeks or so we should celebrate by having a leaving party for you family, friends and neighbours" I look at her and say "really?" "Of course" I hug my mum and then run up the stairs with my mum calling me saying "tea will be ready in 10" I shout an ok downstairs and jump on my bed and relax for 10 minutes.

At tea we talked about my future and university both of my parents were really supportive when I came out to them as bi and I appreciate that. My parents told me the party will be 2 days before my departure and Eric is aloud to stay here to help me pack. When I called Eric he said he will be happy to help. Knowing I'm going to be 1000s of miles away from my family scares me but deep down I know it will be for the best. Now I have to keep busy this week and start getting ready next week because next week it's all going to change I have the party on a Thursday I go up on the saturday, tour on Sunday, start school on the Monday. Let's get this party started!

Woo let's go chapter 1 done!