♡PARTY AND PACKING♡

Ava POV

This week has gone really quick it was already Monday and today my parents and I were going out to buy some party things for Thursday and we are going out for lunch at Harvesters. For the party I wanted a black and gold theme, my mum said a white and red and my dad couldn't care less so we decided on white and gold decorations and we were going to do a BBQ, I'm currently waiting outside TK Max whilst my parents are in there getting something although I have no idea what it is, they just said 'Stay here, we need to quickly get something' so now I'm waiting outside on TikTok with my facemask on.

After what felt like decades they finally came out and we made our way to Harvesters. It was nice hanging out with my parents I never really get this one on one time with my parents, my mum especially so it was nice to go out for something to eat and shopping even if it is because I'm leaving to go to New York in less than a week.

We finally finished out and about and I called Eric as we talked for hours on whatever we could think of. And before I knew it, it was Thursday I was helping get all the decorations done when I heard a knock at the door. "I will get it" I walked to the door to see Eric "Hey avacado" "Hey e.r" we hugged then walked out to the garden "Looking nice Parkers" he has always called us Parker's even if he does know all our names he just says Mr Parker, Mrs Parker and baby Parker. "Thanks Eric how are you anyway?" My dad replied, my dad and Eric have always had a special bond. "I'm alright thanks" my dad nods in response and I talk to Eric until my dad yells 'BBQ IS READY' I jump up and yank Eric along with me.

We finish eating and I talk to my family when we hear a glass tapping "attention everyone!" I shear my mum so I look over to her "now I just wanted to say firstly thank you all for coming! Secondly I just wanted to say how proud I am of Ava well not just ava but also of Eric, you both have grown up together from the age of 5 to now at 18 I mean you had to go through separation and fights but you always came back together and after 13 years you guys did it you graduated primary, secondary and college and now your both going onto your own things. So please a round of applause for Ava and Eric" we all clap and there were a few whistles then my mum speaks up again. "Now ava I know I haven't been the best of mothers and I know I say it all the time but I will try my best to be better but there is one more thing well 2 but ava can you follow me and your father to the garage." I look confused at my mum but get up and follow my parents with Eric by my side and head to the garage, as soon as we get to the door I get turned around by my dad "Ok I'm going to guide you just watch for the little step," I feel the step and my dad decides to lift me down "thought it would be easier" my dad guides me by using my shoulders then I stop "Ok ready, 3 - 2 - 1 NOW" I turn around and see car keys and a skateboard "o-omg t-thank you" I tear up and hug my dad first then my mum. "Now only thing is, your car has to stay here and Eric is allowed to use it whilst your gone, skateboard is allowed to go with you" "deal" I hug Eric and he hugs me back. "Sweet I have a cool car to ride to university every day" we laugh and eventually towards the end of the day everyone has gone home except for Eric.

"Today was a good day" Eric says to me as we are now sat opposite eachother on my bed "tell me about it I mean I got a new skateboard luckily I know how to ride it!" I say laughing, Eric joins in. "Her eric" he looks at me "yeah" "promise me no matter what happens we will always stay best friends and you find a love interest whilst I'm gone" he laughs at my last statement. "Of course we will stay friends and I will try to find a girlfriend bit you promise me something, get a girlfriend by the end of the year" I nod my head and we talk for ages before getting in our pajamas and heading to bed.

The next day comes quicker then I expected and Eric and I were packing my things. "I'm gonna miss you, you have no idea" Eric says to me "I am gonna miss you more" "not possible" we finish packing some of my clothes, shoes and just a few bits and I hung out with Eric for the rest of the day. I was getting nervous for tomorrow I mean I'm it's tomorrow that I'm going to New York by myself this is my qnd time going on a plane I went when I was little to Spain for my mums family wedding but that was like 10 years ago. My dad told me about what happens at airports where to go etc and it calmed me a little bit and by the end of the day I was charging my phone and Bluetooth headphones ready for the flight, I made sure my laptop was packed and my ipad and to finish the day I went on netflix and watched a bit of alexa and Katie and eventually I was drifting off to sleep.

I was peacefully sleeping until I heard my loud alarm on my phone going off so I turned it off and got changed into something comfy

And put my hair into a messy bun to get it out of the way. I got all my bags, suitcases and phone and headed downstairs. I slipped my phone in my pocket and ate breakfast, I looked at the time to see it was half 6 my flight left at 10 so I have enough time fo get there. My parents walked downstairs a few minutes after my breakfast was done. "I'm going to stay here and your dad is going to take you" that didn't surprise me but I was still sad "Oh ok, I'm going to miss you mum" "I will aswell stay safe and text us when you land ok also text us everyday and call us every weekend!" I looked at her with teary eyes and hugged my mum tight "don't grow up too much honey please" "I will try not to" I say stiffling my laughter and then my dad and I were heading out the door to go to the airport. "Ava if you get a girlfriend out there as your parents we are first to know and we better meet her" "Ok dad" I say whilst laughing. And less then 30 minutes later we arrived at the airport and I started to tear up again. I'm gonna miss my old man, he walked me to where he could go before turning me around "bye ava" "bye dad I'm gonna miss you so much" "how much" "around the moon and back" this was a joke we had when I was younger. "I will miss you just as much" we hug for what felt like ages when I heard my plane is boarding so I said bye once more to my dad and started to walk to the plane, I had tears in my eyes that I started to wipe with my sleeve and before I knew it I was on the plane ready to take off to New York, I hope I'm ready for this.