♡ARRIVED IN NEW YORK♡

Ava POV

I just went through security and everything is good and I'm now finding my seat which is 10A and once I find it I see 2 people sitting in B and C. "Hi excuse me can I get past?" "Omg sorry, sure. Hey Peggy can you move for.." "Sorry my name is ava" "Nice to meet you ava I'm shuri" "hi" Peggy moves for me to get in, "thanks" I say and then we talk about whatever comes to mind. "So ava are you a first year at NYU?" Peggy asks "yeah I am what about you guys?" "This is my second year" Peggy says "but this is my first year" shuri replies to me. "Oh cool" "Yeah my older brother came here and he is in his last year, Peggy you may know him his name is t'challa" "Oh I know him he is cool" we started to talk and we didn't even realise we had taken off and it had already been an hour. "So guys what's your sexuality I take it no one here is homophobic" Peggy asks us, "I'm bisexual with a preference to girls" I reply "I'm lesbian as fuck" shuri also replies, we laugh at shuri "Well that's cool I'm still questioning but quite possibly bi" we talk about some more things and I hope I'm friends with these 2 more they are really nice. "Guys let's exchange phone numbers" shuri says we give eachother our phone numbers, "So not that I don't like talking to you guys but I'm gonna put my headphones in, if you need anything just tap my shoulder" I tell them and they nod their heads.

After what felt like ages we finally landed and I quickly text my dad saying that I landed safely. I remember a week after my mail I got another that says to find a boy with a nametag of Toby do I start looking and I eventually find him after I got all my bags. "Ava?" "Yep that's me" "alright follow me, so your first time at NYU right?" "Yep what about you, what do you do?" "Well I work at a local coffee shop and part time as a taxi driver obviously, well NYU hired me a couple years ago to pick up and drop off students" we get to the car and we get in and head off. "It's only a 10 minute drive" I nod my head, "did you go to NYU for university" "no, god no wouldn't be able to afford it" I nod my head in understanding and after a while we get to NYU and OMG it's so big and amazing. "Ok here you are" Toby hands me my bags and I say bye to Toby and head to reception. I make my way to front desk and see a middle aged woman "hello dear, how may I help you?" "Hi I'm Ava Parker and it's my first day" I wasn't to sure what to say so I hope that was ok. "Oh you need your time table and dorm room, yes?" I nod my head and she grabs my stuff, "Parker did you say?" "Yes Ava Parker" she nods her head and hands me over my time table and dorm room. "You have 2 time tables just incase you lose it, you need to go up the stairs to your left and your dorm number is on your key" "Ok thanks" I look at the room and it says 424 great I'm near the top of the building, 8 flights of stairs let's go with 4 bags.

Eventually after what feels like 2 decades I made my way upstairs and now I have to follow a few hallways to get to my room. Once I get there I see a girl outside the dorm room about to go in, "Hey wait!" I yell out, the girl looks around and sees me. "Hi can I help you?" She asks "this is my dorm room too 424" I say "oh cool I'm wanda" "Nice to meet you wanda I'm ava" we head inside and decide who gets what side of the room. "I dibs right side" wanda says and jumps on her bed, I laugh at her "Ok I will be on left side". After a bit of a comfortable silence of unpacking our stuff and sharing turns listening to music we sat on wandas bed and gossiped a bit. "Found any cute boys yet?" Wanda asks me and I looked at her and said "um I don't exactly like boys" I say a bit nervous for her reaction, "Oh well have you seen any cute girls then?" She says and I laugh and shake my head "well what about you wanda?" I ask, "um not exactly but I'm pan so I like both but more a preference towards men" "Oh that's cool I'm bi with a preference more towards girls or at least I think I'm bi" she laughs and we talk for a bit and play 21 questions, "Oh I know ava what about the new hot Russian teacher" "omg I never even looked at my timetable" I say, we look at our timetable and it looks like I have:

Creative writing
Acting
Business studies

"Looks like I have creative writing, acting and business studies. What about you?" Wanda looks at her schedule and says "business studies, photography and imagining and also  business of fashion and luxury" "sounds interesting" I say with humor, "says yours" we laugh and wanda speaks up again. "2 things, 1 do you have any extras and also I'm really hungry so can we go explore?" "Sure and no I haven't, you?" "Yeah I want to do photography" "what are my options?" Wanda gets out a piece of paper and hands it to me "here it tells you all the clubs" I scan through it qnd see Russian, "I wanna take Russian" "Ok so go onto your emails and your school email then look at the club you wanna do and email the teacher" I nod my head and put in Miss Romanoff email.
Hello Miss Romanoff,
I was wondering to join your Russian extra class.
Many thanks ava x
"You did not put a kiss after" she says shocked. "I do it to everyone" "Uh huh, right I'm hungry come" she grabs my arm and next thing I know we are getting our shoes on, keys and phone in our pocket and headed down the flight of stairs.

Once we got to the end wanda was talking about Miss Romanoff, "Hey who knows maybe you will have her for Russian if you get in" "maybe- is that her?" I point to who seems to be a teacher and wanda nods "Yep that's her" and what do you know Miss romanoff is coming over. "Good afternoon Miss!" Wanda says "good afternoon girls, all settled?" She says her gaze landing on me and stayed for awhile and I see her eyes look me up and down then she turned quick and walked off "she so likes you" wanda says poking my side and I role my eyes "ha ha sure wanda sure" once we were done with our battle we decided with McDonald's and then headed back to our room and see I got an email from Miss romanoff.
Good afternoon Miss Parker,
I would love to have you in my Russian class but I need you to answer me these 10 questions on your knowledge do I can understand how good you are.
Thanks Miss romanoff
(Liked the 'x' you put in ;))
Well that wasn't a weird email at all, I laughed to myself and opened up the linked document and answered them with ease.

After about 30 minutes I went for a shower and came back to see I had another email just saying how good I was and that I start Monday on my 2nd spare lesson, so I will have her everyday 15:15-16:00. Yes now I have 4 classes, I look over to see wanda out of it she must be really tired, I laughed at myself then got changed and went to bed myself. What a great day today has been.