Prologue

Do you ever wish you had someone to protect you? To protect your innocence? To protect your mind? To keep you safe from all the dangers the world possesses?

A father to keep demons away from you. A father to take you through your first heartache. A father to protect you from the monsters under your bed. Brothers to protect you. To keep you safe from all the wrong boys and the wrong decisions. Brothers to guide you and take the pain away.

But most of all a mother that actually cared about you. A mother that believed in you. A mother that protected you from all the bad and only showed you the good. A mother that kept the demons away instead of bringing them to you.

Well... me too. I wish I had all that.

Over all the years I wished for someone to save me. Someone to come to tell me that the evil is gone and I'm safe. I wished for someone to protect me. To guide me. To love me. But life didn't work that way for me. Instead, I was given a mother and father that didn't give a d***. And a life full of crappy cards.

My name is Aniyah Rose Moretti. I'm 16 years old and I have an IQ of 199. High, yea I know. I know 28 languages. I graduated high school at 11 and finished college with four degrees at 15.

I've been in 27 foster homes over the years. You would think that over time the homes would get better but for me, they get worse. So far I've been in my current foster home for three years. My foster parents, Chad and Sarah, make it their life's mission to make mine a living hell. Although it's hard, I'm surviving.

I'm an assassin, streetfighter, street racer, and hacker. I'm known as the Black Goddess in the underworld. I have five friends. I don't make friends easily and I don't trust people. At. All.