Chapter 8: The Ball

Aniyah's POV

It's been a few days since the day of pranks. I haven't left my room unless it was for dinner since it was mandatory. My family has tried to talk to me and get to know me but I haven't been giving it a chance. If it weren't for Dane and papa, they wouldn't know anything about me. I kind of regret opening up to them. I don't really think they should know what they know.

Today we have the mafia ball. It's basically a chance for everyone in the underworld to meet up to make alliances and things like that. There are weapons allowed but violence is not. If violence from one mafia unto another is acted upon then the people involved are put to death. There hasn't been any violence in a mafia ball in the past 85 years. Everyone from gang leaders to drug lords and mafia bosses are invited to the ball.

I'm nervous about this ball because the Italians are hosting and introducing their long lost daughter, AKA me. With me being the daughter of the Italian

And Black Goddess I'll have more enemies after me. But, one good thing is that all the mafias are peaceful and friends for now. There haven't been any problems between them for the past 20 years. But, there has been some idiot that has been attacking all the mafias all over the world, especially the top 7.

(A/N ~ The dress Aniyah wears is up in the media.)

I decided to wear a black dress, black heels, natural makeup, and silver jewelry. I also decided to have all my tattoos on full display except for one that you'll learn about later. Walking downstairs with Emily and Aisha, who are wearing a burgundy (Emily) and royal blue (Aisha) dress, I saw all the boys wearing black and white tuxes. Dane, Oliver, and Jake came over and complimented us. Next were papa and the biologicals. After the compliments we all headed to the stretch limo waiting for us.

~

Arriving at the ball, we were blinded by paparazzi. Papa and my friends headed inside while I stayed with the biologicals to be introduced.

Leonardo and the brothers headed inside while I stayed outside the doors.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. My family and I would like you to join us in returning home the lost daughter of the family, Aniyah Rose Moretti," Leonardo said.

As soon as he was done the doors opened. I walked down the stairs with my head high towards the biologicals watching the crowd's faces morph into confusion.

I walked over to Leonardo and he gave me a kiss on the forehead. Afterwards he headed towards a family. I want to be with papa so I wasn't really paying attention until I heard someone call my name.

"Aniyah, did you really come over here and not give me a hug?" I heard a familiar Spanish accent.

I looked up to be met with Santiago, the heir to the Spanish mafia.

"Santiago. Nice to see you again idiota. Same to you Alejandro."

Alejandro chuckled while Santiago glared at me.

"Nice to see you again, Aniyah. Where's the old geezer?" Alejandro asked.

"Papa is around here somewhere. Probably stealing the food since he won't cook," I said.

"True. If you see him before I do tell him he still owes me $45 from that bet with you and Vladimir," he chuckled.

I shook my head and nodded. After talking to more gang leaders and mafia leaders with similar conversations I was ready to go. I told the biologicals I was going to my friends. I left before they could say anything to the bar where the mafia kids and my friends were.

"Hey guys. The party has arrived."

After a lot of heys and hellos we started talking about everything that's happened since we last saw each other. Yep. All of the mafia kids are friends. Really good friends. We all talk and meet up at least once a month to do something that will get us all in trouble. That is everyone except the Italains. All of the rest of the mafia kids are friends with Italians except me and my friends. I was talking to Dane when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to be met with Vladimir.

"Aniyah. Would you do me the honor of having this dance?" he asked with a bow.

I laughed a bit and was about to answer before I was interrupted by Dane.

"No. She would not like to dance with you. Run along and find someone else to dance with." Dane replied with anger laced in his voice.

I rolled my eyes at Dane and turned to Vladimir, "I would love to dance with you. Ignore Dane and his stupidness."

He nodded, took my hand, and led me to the middle of the dance floor. As we made it to the floor another song began to start. I could feel everyone staring at us. It's not everyday that you see the world's most dangerous assassin and the heir to the Russian mafia dancing together.

"You know that everyone is staring at us right?" I asked.

He chuckled before replying, " I know любовь but I want them to stare and know what belongs to me," he whispered in my ear. (love)

"And what makes you believe that I belong to you? Because last time I checked I belonged to no one."

"No matter what you do or who you talk to, you will always be mine. No matter how many people I have to kill. No matter how many times Daxton and Dane tries to kill me, you will always be mine," he said into a dip.

I rested my head on his shoulder as we continued to dance in a comfortable silence. When the dance was over I looked up at him and smiled.

"It was nice dancing with you дорогой," I said and walked to papa who was glaring at me. (sweetheart)

"Aniyah what the hell was that? I said no boys. And that was a boy. A very bad boy that I surely would never approve of," he said.

I laughed a bit, "Papa, we both know you like Vladimir. Just admit it. Just like I know you made a bet with Alejandro on if he would admit to Santiago that he liked me first or if I would. Oh and Alejandro said you still owe him $45," I said and walked to the restroom.

After using the restroom and heading back to the ball, someone grabbed me and took me to a vacant room. I struggled in their arms but they held on tighter.

"Aniyah, Aniyah, Aniyah. You would think that after Milo you would learn. I will stop at nothing to get you back and kill those who get in the way. Be careful with your boy toy or he'll end up worse off than Milo. Enjoy your time with you friends and family now because soon I'll be back for you and no one is taking you away from me again,"

I stood there shocked. Before I could reply I heard the door close. I rushed out of the room to get air. I fell to the floor crying and trying to get air into my lungs. I couldn't think with all of the question swirling in my head:

How did he find me?

When is he coming back for me?

How can I go through that torture again?

Will he really hurt Vladimir and everyone else because of me?

After sitting on the floor and calming myself down for 5 minutes, I finally stood up. No matter what happens all I know is no one else is dying because of me. If him taking me will make sure that the others are safe then so be it. I would do whatever it takes to make sure no harm comes to them. Even Leonardo and my brothers.

After making sure my makeup and dress were straight I headed back into the ball area with a smile on my face.

After a while, the biologicals, papa, and my friends came and decided it was time to go back to the house.

I slept in the limo to avoid everyone's questions and accusing stairs. As soon as we made it home I went to my bathroom, showered, changed, and jumped into bed thinking about the dance with Vladimir today. Even though I won't admit it out loud, I like him. But there is no way that I would let him be in danger because of my selfishness. He deserves someone better than me anyways. There is no way that he likes me the way that I like him.