Chapter 21: Confrontation

Aniyah's POV

I was released from the hospital two weeks ago. I was right about slowly losing myself. I don't want to worry anyone so I haven't been saying anything. Since I've left the hospital everyone has been staying in one house. It's kind of cool but at the same time kind of crowded. Everyone is either smothering me or leave me alone. I prefer to be left to myself.

It's 3:30 in the morning right now. I went to sleep a while ago but woke up from a nightmare. I've been having them every night since I've been back. I've also been slowing down on eating. It's really slow so I'm not surprised no one has noticed.

Do you ever know something is wrong and you want help but you don't know how to say or initiate it? Well, that's how I feel right now.

~ 8:30 a.m ~

Everyone is eating breakfast and I'm feeding Carter. We're having bacon, eggs, french toast, apples, and grapes.

"Hey, Aniyah. Can I talk to you?" Milo asked.

"Yea. Let me finish feeding Carter."

After feeding Carter and getting a movie set up in the living room for him I went to Milo's room.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yea. I am. Why do you ask?"

"Because I know you've been having nightmares. Sometimes you cry and scream in your sleep. You've also been eating less," he answered.

Sometimes I regret asking for his room to be beside mine.

"How is it that after all these years you still don't ask for help? I mean I get why you would at first but now you have people that care about you, us. They care about us. They want to help and be there but they can't if you don't tell them," he said.

"I-It's just I don't want anyone to worry about me. I've been taking care of myself all these years and I'm still not used to other people taking care of me. It's weird for me. And I can't stay focused on myself when I have a son that needs me," I said.

He nodded and pulled me into a hug.

"You have to let people in petite soeur (little sister). We'll figure this out. Together, yes?"

I nodded my head. I felt tears gather in my eyes and slowly they began to fall.

"Can you at least tell two people what's going on? And I mean two people other than Daxton and our friends. Let your family in. You have been but not like you could."

So that's what I did. I told two people. Nicolo and Vladimir. Well, really three because grandpa decided to follow me when I asked Vladimir to talk. I swear the people in this family are beyond overprotective.

It's been three days since I told Nicolo and Vladimir (and grandpa in a way). They have been helping me along with Milo when it comes to how I'm feeling, eating, and sleeping. Milo has been staying with me since I told him everything.

Today I'm taking Carter out to a Chinese restaurant. We're both matching wearing all black. As we were walking out of the door we heard someone shouting our names.

"ANIYAH! CARTER! Wait up!" Vladimir shouted.

"Can I join you guys?" he asked.

I looked at Carter who nodded his head. Vladimir took that and ran upstairs. He came back 10 minutes later wearing the same outfit as Carter.

We headed out to my car and drove to the restaurant with Carter and me singing BTS songs the whole way and Vladimir laughing and recording.

As we pulled into the restaurant paparazzi were everywhere. We ignored them and made our way to the back of the restaurant.

"Hello, I'm Daniel. I will be your server today. What would you like to drink and if you're ready to order," the waiter asked.

"Yea. We'll need a minute to place our orders but we'll take three glasses of water," I said.

"I'll be back with your waters in a minute, beautiful."

With that, he turned and left. Carter had a disgusted face and Vladimir looked angry. I rolled my eyes and continued to look through the menu. We discussed what we wanted and waited for Daniel to come back. When he did, Vladimir told him our order and soon enough the food arrived and we were able to eat.

We spent the rest of the day laughing and making new memories.