Chapter 13: Carter

Aniyah's POV

I've been riding around for I don't know how long. How could I not know he's still alive?

As I was riding, I didn't see a car coming my way. The car hit me and I flew off my bike and landed in some grass. I'm bleeding a bit from my head and my arms and legs are scratched a bit. Before anyone could come over to check on me I got back onto my bike. I headed to the hospital to find Matteo.

"I need Matteo Santiago please," I said nicely. The lady just kept typing on her computer and ignored me.

"Matteo Santiago please," I tried again.

"FIND MATTEO SANTIAGO BEFORE YOU FIND A BULLET IN YOUR SKULL," she looked up at me and nodded her head. I rolled my eyes and sat in the chairs in the waiting room.

"Aniyah? How did this happen? Are you okay?" he asked quickly.

"I had an accident on my bike. Can you stitch me up?"

"Um. Yeah. But I need to call your dad and Daxton. I know you don't want me to bu"

"Okay. That's fine. I'll wait in my usual room."

He nodded and pulled out his phone. When I made it to my room I sat on the bed staring at the white walls. My mind was racing and I couldn't stop all the voices and thoughts in my head. I sat there for I don't know how long and soon heard a bunch of footsteps running to my room. I sighed and continued looking ahead. I saw their mouths moving but I couldn't hear anything. I felt numb.

~ At the house before the accident ~

Georgio's POV

After Aniyah left and we realized none of her friends would tell us what happened we gave up. We were all sitting in silence, everyone thinking of what could have happened. A couple of hours had gone by when Daxton's phone rang.

"Matteo? Why are you calling?

SHE WHAT? IS SHE OKAY?

I can tell him. He's here with me.

We'll be there soon. Don't start anything until we get there."

"What's wrong?" Emily asked.

"Aniyah was in an accident when she was riding on her motorcycle. Matteo said that her injuries seem minor."

"This is all my fault! I should have known she would do something stupid." Dane said defeatedly.

"We should have expected this. I mean look at the news she received. Her anger is getting the best of her. We just have to make sure that it doesn't get as bad as it did last time," Jake said.

"What happened last time?" I asked.

"After the kidnapping, Aniyah started to shut down. She would show no emotions whatsoever. She became a killing machine. She only focused on whatever problems she had in front of her. We're not entirely sure what happened to get her out of her funk last time. It just sort of happened when we were on a trip with the Russian and Spanish mafia," Daxton explained.

"Well. We need to go to the hospital and find out what's happening," Valentino said.

~ At the hospital~

When we arrived at the hospital, Oscar headed straight to a room on the 8th floor. When we entered the room Aniyah was staring straight at the wall. Everyone started bombarding her with questions. I looked at her and she wasn't there. Yes, physically she was, but mentally she was far away.

"Shut up. All of you," I said.

I walked to Aniyah and waved my hand in her face. She didn't blink or move. I sighed and picked her up in my arms. I sat back down on the table.

"What happened fuoco?" I asked.

(fire)

She looked like she was coming back because she started to shake and mutter things under her breath. Her eyes started to water but not a single tear fell. Dane came over and pushed some hair behind her ears.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you when I knew that you would be okay," he said.

"How long have you known?" she asked.

"I can't tell you that," he said sadly.

"How long have you known Dane?" Oscar asked.

"I've known for 6 months."

Aniyah jumped off of me and jumped on Dane punching him.

"Six. You've known for six months that Carter's alive and you haven't told me."

Jake pulled Aniyah off and Oscar helped Dane up.

"Yeah. I've known for six months. I had to make sure I was right and didn't get your hopes up. I wanted to tell you but I was scared. I finally got the results last week. Niyah. Come on. All I've ever wanted was to protect you. I couldn't then but I can now."

Aniyah nodded and hugged him.

"We're gonna save Carter Aniyah," Dane said into her hair.

"Carter is alive?" Matteo asked, coming into the room. Dane nodded his head.

"Okay. Yes. Carter is alive. Now, who is Carter?" Lorenzo asked.

Aniyah sighed and sat back down on the table.

Leonardo's POV

"Sorry. But I don't want to talk about it," she said with no emotion. It's kind of scary how she can go from being sad even by a little to no emotion at all.

"What do you mean you don't want to talk about it? We're in the hospital because the news of whoever this person is caused you to have an accident," I said annoyed.

I get it. I haven't been in her life for long. But that doesn't mean that I don't get to know about something that's clearly affecting my daughter. I deserve to know what's going on.

"Daxton? Do you know who this Carter person is?" Allessandro asked.

"I actually don't. Aniyah hasn't said a thing about him before or after her time... away. Actually, none of the kids have."

"Aniyah. Open up. Tell us what's going on," Allessio tried.

"You might want to stop. As you can see she won't tell you. Trying to force and badger her might make this much worse," Matteo started, "And you might want to call Santiago and Vladimir if it gets worse after 3 days."

Matteo walked over and started to clean her cuts and scrapes. She barely blinked and didn't wince once. Something else had to have happened while she was missing from Daxton.

And I'm going to find out what. Even if it's the last thing I do.

 Soooo... what do you think of this chapter?

Who do you think Carter is?

I love how Aniyah can go from punching to hugging Dane in a split second.