Chapter 1: Meeting the Family

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BE--

SMASH!

Ugh. That alarm is so annoying. It's just Wednesday and that's the eighth one this week. You would think I would get used to it but I haven't.

Every day I always wake up at 4 o'clock a.m. I do a morning workout routine in my room. I go to shower, wash my face, and finish getting dressed. I don't really like makeup therefore I just do mascara, eyeliner, lip gloss, and today a little eyeshadow.

7:04 a.m.

Shoot. I'm late. I'm late. I'm late. Chad and Sarah like their breakfast ready at 7:10 a.m. It's a weird time if you ask me but whatever. I run downstairs and start to make their breakfast. It's one minute to 7:10 and the food is nowhere near done.

"Where is my breakfast?" Chad asked.

I'm going to die. I got a beating yesterday for coming home late and there's no way I can survive another.

"I-I woke up late and i-it's not ready. I'm sorry. Just give me a couple of minutes and everything will be ready."

Before I even had a chance to look up a punch was thrown to my jaw. Then a kick, and another punch. Kick. Punch. Punch. Punch. Kick. Kick. This went on for what felt like forever but was really just 20 minutes. I thought he left to go wherever he goes during the day. What I didn't know was that he was still in the kitchen. Next thing I know I feel a burning pain through my legs and arms. I look down and there are burns with missing skin. I look up to see Chad smiling with the pot and my burning flesh on the bottom.

Do you want to know the sad part? I can barely feel it. All the pain I've been through from Chad, Sarah, and everyone else left me with very high pain tolerance. I can feel the pain but not like a normal person would.

After laying on the floor for 10 minutes I head to my room. I get the first aid kit and apply the medications and bandages for all of my old and new wounds. I look at the time and I'm late for school. I go around the corner from my house and get my bike. I head to school and make it in 7 minutes. By the time I make it, it's already the second period.

I kick open the door and everyone freezes.

"WHY ARE YOU LATE TO MY CLASS?" my teacher asks.

"Well, Ms. Scraps, I am late because of things that don't concern you."

The class laughs and I head to the back where my seat is. Ms. Scraps goes to the front by the phone and makes a call. Next thing I know:

"ANIYAH ROSE MORETTI TO THE OFFICE! ANIYAH ROSE MORETTI"

With that, I give the teacher a death glare and head to the office.

I walk in to see 5 really tall and buff guys in the corner of the room. But they don't matter to me.

"Jake. I swear it wasn't me who set the fire in the trash can. I did punch the jock but only because he was bullying a freshman. It wasn't me who made the explosion in the chemistry lab and I definitely wasn't the one who keyed Ms. Scrap's car."

The guys in the back were trying not to laugh and Jake had an unimpressed look.

"Aniyah I know it was you who did all of those things. And it's Ms. Scrat."

"Does that really make it any better? Oh, and it would be greatly appreciated if HE didn't find out about this. I don't need any more trouble."

Jake looked at me apologetically and said the words they would change everything.

"I have a few things to say. Don't say anything until the end. Got it?"

I nodded and waited for him to continue.

"The first thing is that HE already knows and said he will talk to you when he comes back from his meeting. I wish you luck with that because HE was definitely mad. The second is that your foster parents were in a crash and they have unfortunately passed away."

He looked like he was waiting for a reaction but all he got was a stone face. In my head, I was singing with joy. They're finally gone. My worst nightmares are gone and I am nothing but happy.

"Okay. So is it to another foster home?"

"No actually. Those people in the back are your biological father and brothers. They have signed the necessary paperwork and you are officially in your father's custody. And before you ask I didn't tell him. But you need to or you know the consequences."

I turned around to get a good look at the men. They were definitely my family. Just great.

"Hello, Principessa. I'm your father, Leonardo. These are your brothers."

"No really? I thought you were my grandpa?"

I'm sorry but I can't be bothered to talk to someone that hasn't been here for any of my life. That might make me seem childish or rude but I could care less."

"Since I know how this is going to go. Aniyah go ahead and go home and pack. You are leaving to go with them to"

"Italy. I know. See you later Jake and not a word of this to him. Let's go."

With that, I left my father and brothers headed to the door. After their shock wore off they came behind me seconds later. The bell just rang signaling the end of the class. Everyone started to head to their lockers and the next classes. But once they saw me coming they hurried out of the way.

We made it to the parking lot and the sperm donor finally spoke up.

"Let's head to your house and then we can go to the airport."

"You can follow me to the house."

Without giving them time to respond I jumped on my bike and drove to the end of the parking lot. Soon enough they were behind me and we headed out of the parking lot. About 10 minutes later we were in front of the house. I'm going, to be honest, the house looks disgusting, and judging by the looks on their face they think so too. I went inside and quickly packed three bags. One for my clothes and toiletries, one for my electronics, and the last for my weapons. With that, I headed outside and put my bags in their trunk.

"Wait here I'll be right back."

I went around the corner with my bike and put it back. I'll get someone to ship it there when we get to where we are going. I walked back around the corner but I could tell they were confused. I went back to the trunk and got out my bags. I then went into their SUV and sat in the very back. They all clamored in and the drive to the airport was pin-drop silent. I wasn't going to talk and they looked like they didn't want to either.

Soon enough we made it to their private airport. I wasn't surprised. I mean what can you really expect when your family is the Italian mafia.