Chapter 5: Dinner

Nicolo's POV

It's been two weeks since Aniyah last spoke to us. She barely leaves her room. She gets enough food and water to last her a few days then stays in the room. When the food and water runs out she goes to the kitchen and repeats the cycle. She doesn't talk to us no matter how hard we try. We still haven't figured out how she knows about the mafia but there's nothing we can do. Today an ally and close family friend is coming over for dinner. Since apparently Franco and I drew the short straw we have to tell Aniyah.

Aniyah's POV

I hear footsteps near my door and whispering. Normally it's like this for a few minutes and they leave. But they've been out there whispering for 10 minutes and it's getting annoying. I open the door and see a scared Franco and Nicolo.

"What do you want?"

They both rub the back of their necks and look down. Franco nudges Nicolo and he finally speaks up.

"Uh- hey bambina. Dad wanted us to tell you to be ready at 6 for dinner. We're having guests over and he wants us to dress up a bit."

I nod and close and lock my door. I look at the clock and it's 3:46. I set an alarm for 5:30 and lay on the bed staring at the ceiling.

After looking at the ceiling for what felt like 10 minutes the alarm goes off. I head to the bathroom and take a quick shower. After my shower I head to the closet to find a dress. I picked out a black dress with my leather jacket and black heeled boots.

I finish my hair and makeup and I check the time and see that it's 6:05.

I head down the stairs and into the dining room. I hear a familiar laugh and get a bad feeling. I enter the dining room and all eyes turn to me. I look at the guests and feel my eyes big out. I can feel the color draining from my face.

"Aniyah, this is one of my best friends, Daxton Allaire and one of his associates Dane Santos," Allessandro said.

"ANIYAH ROSE MORETTI" Daxton and Dane screamed.

"I'm dead!"

"Where the hell have you been? I've been looking for you for a month. You set a car on fire, you got in trouble with Ms. Scrat again, you went on a mission after I told you not to, and lastly you went AWOL for a month."

I smiled sheepishly and hoped a hug would make things better. But it didn't. He's still waiting for an answer. I look at the floor and sit at my seat at the table which happened to be on the other side and other end of him and Dane. Hallelujah!

"Haha don't you think we should eat? The food will get cold."

"How do you three know each other?" Leonardo asked as he sat at his seat.

"Papa. Das ist meine biologische Familie. Und bevor Sie fragen, habe ich ihnen nichts gesagt. sie müssen nichts wissen," I said in German.

(Papa. This is my biological family. And before you ask I didn't tell them anything. They don't need to know anything.)

Daxton and Dane looked at me like I had grown two heads. I knew what was coming.

"Was heißt, sie müssen es nicht wissen? Ich weiß, du bist verrückt. Ich würde auch. Aber sie müssen wissen, was mit ihrer Schwester und ihrer Tochter passiert ist, Dane said."

(What do you mean they don't need to know? I know you're mad. I would be too. But they need to know what happened to their sister and daughter.)

"I agree," Rafael chimed in.