Chapter 15: Surprise

Aniyah's POV

I woke up this morning with Vladimir nowhere to be found. I've concluded that I need to get back on my game. I've cried, much to my embarrassment, now I need to get my emotions in check and find my son.

I headed downstairs and into the kitchen to see Mr. Gonzalez, Mr. Pertov, my family, and friends except for Vladimir, Dane, and Jake.

"Good morning," I said.

They looked at me surprised. Maybe it's because I didn't talk to anyone for 4 days. And it could be because I attacked them. In my defense, they tried to grab me. I don't know why they thought that would end well. Cue the eye roll.

Franco came to me and pulled me into a hug. It took me by surprise but I hugged him back.

"I'm glad you're okay," he whispered.

"Thank you for being there for me," I whispered back.

He walked back to the table and I sat beside him. I fixed myself a plate and quietly ate. After eating breakfast I headed to the living room and started to watch Grey's Anatomy. The show is top tier. Ifykyk. I was halfway into my sixth episode when someone called my name from the front door. Everyone else ran there as well. When I looked in the doorway I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Momma. MOMMA!"

He... he knows who I am? How?

"C-Carter?"

He ran into my arms and hugged the life out of me.

"Zna ciebie, mnie, Emily, Aishę, Jake'a i Oscara. Zna także włoski, hiszpański, angielski i ukraiński.," Dane said in Polish.

(He knows you, me, Emily, Aisha, Jake, and Oscar. He also knows Italian, Spanish, English, and Ukrainian.)

To say I'm shocked would be an understatement.

"Momma?" Uncle Gregory said, confused.

I nodded my head and picked Carter up.

"Thank you," I said to the three boys.

"You have some explaining to do," Daxton said and walked into the living room.

I followed after him along with everyone else.

"Everyone, this is Carter. My son. So... I... um... I lied to all of you," I started but was interrupted.

"We lied to all of you," Emily corrected.

"While we were with Donovan I became pregnant with his child, Carter. A lot happened during that time. After he was born we decided to try to escape and that was when Milo died. But the only part we left out was that Carter was supposedly killed with Milo. The pain killed me and I didn't want anyone to know. So we all agreed to never bring it up."

"How does Matteo know then?" Allessandro asked.

Why does he pay so much attention to everything?

"After I was found by Daxton, Matteo was ordered to check over all of us. When he was checking he found out that I had given birth but promised not to tell anyone."

"So I have a grandson?" Leonardo asked.

No. It's your cousin. What kind of stupid question is that? If it's my child then yes it's his grandson.

"Yes, dad. This is your grandson."

"Momma. I don't want to be with papa again. He's scary," Carter said out of nowhere. I looked at him and nodded.

"Trust me. You won't ever have to see your papa again. You're safe here. I promise."

~ Later at Dinner ~

Right now we're all eating dinner. Alejandro and Ivan both went home but their sons decided to stay.

"Aniya. Perché non ci hai detto la verità?" grandma asked.

(Aniyah. Why didn't you tell us the truth?)

"Volevo dimenticare il dolore. È stato difficile sapere che ero io la ragione per cui mio figlio e mio fratello erano morti. Riuscivo a malapena a sopportare il senso di colpa."

(I wanted to forget the pain. It was hard knowing I was the reason my son and brother were dead. I could barely take the guilt.)

"Meritavamo ancora di sapere di lui," Allessandeo said.

(We still deserved to know about him.)

"How many times am I going to have to tell you you don't deserve anything? If there is something I don't want you to know, so be it. You don't deserve anything Allessandro," I said.

"How can you say we don't deserve to know about our nephew?" he asked, his voice rising.

"Allessandro calm down," dad said.

"No. I'm tired of her thinking that we don't get to know about her past. Her secrets. We should know these things," Allessandro said, annoyed and upset.

"La mamma non deve dirti niente. È lei decisiva. Aspettare. Non è giusto. È la sua decisione. Sì. Decisione," my son said.

(Momma doesn't have to tell you anything. It's her decisive. Wait. That's not right. It's her decision. Yea. Decision.)

"That's right baby," I said.

He beamed a happy smile and asked if we could watch TV. I told him yes so we went upstairs, showered, brushed our teeth, and got into bed to watch Luca. After we watched Luca, we watched Sing, Lion King, Boss Baby, Incredibles, and started Jungle Book. Before Jungle Book was over we ended up going to sleep, cuddled together.

I finally have my son. I'll do whatever it takes to keep him safe this time. No matter what. 

1. Who do you agree with Allessandro or Aniyah?

2. What do you think about Carter?

3. What do you think will happen next?