Chapter 4: Nightmares

It's really dark. There's a long hallway with doors and doors and more doors. At the end of the hallway there's a door with light coming out. The door has my name written on it.

I'm trying to turn around but it's like I'm not in control of my body. My body keeps moving towards the door against my will. I try screaming for help but as normal no one comes. I finally make it to the door and it opens. I'm pushed into the door and tied into a chair. I try to move but I can't.

I see someone come in front of me. I know that face from anywhere. All of a sudden he's shot in the stomach. There's blood coming from everywhere.

"This is your fault. ALL YOUR FAULT!" He screams.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I couldn't save you," I screamed.
All of a sudden I hear more voices. They start to overpower my senses and I'm paralyzed for a few seconds.
"It's your fault Aniyah."
"Why didn't you save us?"
"You let us die."
"It should have been you."
"You watched us die."
"It's all your fault."

"I'm sorry. I should have saved you."
All of a sudden I'm taken to a memory. No. No. No. No. No.

It's the day I was beaten to the brink of death. I was cleaning in the kitchen and John came in. He looked drunk and high. I already knew I was going to end up hurt but I didn't see the punch coming.

He punched me straight in my jaw. I stumbled back into the stove and winced when the fire hit my back. John (A/N stepfather if you forgot) came over to me and punched me in the stomach causing me to double over. He came over and grabbed me by the neck. As the seconds went by he began squeezing tighter and tighter. I tried clawing at his hands but he didn't budge. I soon felt myself losing consciousness. Before I completely fell into the darkness I felt a kick to my ribs and a blow to my head. I welcomed the darkness with open arms.

I woke up panting for air and not able to move. My dad and Allessandro were on either side of me holding my arms while Nicolo and Franco were holding my legs.

Leonardo's POV
I woke up and noticed all the boys were asleep but Aniyah was missing. I shook it off and just thought she went to her room. I was about to try to get up when I heard a scream. At this time all the boys woke up. Another scream was heard but this time louder.
The boys and I raced up the stairs to Aniyah's room. She was in the bed shaking, sweating, and mumbling under her breath. I went to her side and was ready to comfort her. When I touched her she kicked me. I was ready to try again but Nicolo stopped me.

"Dad. Stop. If we keep trying to touch her it could make the nightmare worse. Although I think it's more of a memory."

I stepped back and waited for the nightmare to run its course. All of us were in the room with tears in our eyes trying not to break down. She kept screaming for help and saying how something wasn't her fault.

After a while it calmed down. But then she brought her hands to her neck choking herself. She was gasping for air and I couldn't not help her. I tried grabbing one of her arms and looked at the boys.

"Alessandro grab her other arm. Nicolo and Franco grab her legs. If we don't she'll kill herself."

After everyone grabbed her she started to calm down. But then she woke up gasping for air. We were still holding onto her when Rafael spoke up.

"What's on your stomach piccolo?" (Little one)

We all looked down at her shirt that had ridden up and there was a nasty purple and green bruise there. She tried to get us to let her go but we didn't. The boys were looking at me to see what to do.

I know I said I would respect her privacy. But I need to know if she's hiding any more injuries.

"Rafael lift her shirt up some more. We need to know if there are more injuries and I already know she won't tell us."