~1

Avalon's POV:

"I can't let another New Year come and pass and you still wear the same old thing, it's ridiculous", Avery, my identical twin states as she goes through my closet.

"It's just school", I sigh coming into the room from my morning run.

"Just school?" She gasped,"you're popular since you became the captain of the soccer team for some reason."

"I can dress how I like, I already plan to  wear my team jacket today", I shrug.

"You mean this ugly jacket?" She picks up the red and white  Letterman jacket with my number on it.

"It's not ugly, when I wear this I represent the entire school", I snatch the jacket from her hand.

"Whatever, dad said not to skip breakfast this time", she says,"this shall do for now, you can keep the stupid jacket", she places a pair of skinny jeans and a V neck top on my bed. 

Where did she find that top?

Avery and I both look alike with honey blonde hair and dark blue eyes, we take from our mother who is always away with work, we barely see her.

"You got the good genes, I don't know why you don't show it off Ava", she sighs,"I would kill to have a body like yours."

"Take it then because I can deal with all this size", I gesture to my chest.

"I don't know how you manage with it for soccer, but that's skills."

"Girls we leave in forty five minutes and you still have breakfast to eat", dad calls.

"See you downstairs in a bit, this takes time to prepare", Avery gestures to her face and leaves.

I look at the V neck top I didn't know I had, I throw it back in the closet and take out a simple white T shirt and a pair of joggers to go with my jacket. Much better.

"Why Ava why?" Avery sighs when I enter the kitchen.

"What? I am comfortable in this", I shrug.

"Dad please tell Ava that its the first day of school and a new year that its time for a change", she turns to our father who is reading the news paper. He had black hair and gray eyes, he is a lawyer in one the big firm in all of Sydney. 

"Avery leave your sister be, if she wants to dress like a guy then let her and when she finally likes someone she'll come asking for you help", dad grins.

Avery laughs and I glare at them, they like to pick on me.

"I wouldn't like anyone and I got over a year before I finish high school so I think I can manage", I retort.

"We'll see, let's eat, our friends will be picking us up shortly", Avery informs me.

"You mean your friends, I only have one."

"We know Nabila and Mackenzie for years Ava", she points out.

"Well they don't like me for some reason especially Mackenzie so I will avoid her as much as possible, I'll take my bike."

She sighs,"I'm sure Mackenzie is over that rumor about you sleeping with her ex boyfriend."

"I don't think she is when she sees me she glares at me and that rumor started in September", I explained.

"Exactly so she can be over it now."

I shake my head.

The rumors started because of how close Jesse Ford and I got  during last September, we are close friends and because of that people thought we hooked up.