~8

Bryce's POV:

Friday 

"Don't forget we are having dinner tomorrow evening with your father", my mother reminds me before I leave for school.

"I know mom", I sigh, "I got to go or I'll be late."

"Have a great day and be careful at that party later", she kisses my forehead.

"Bye", I leave the house.

I get into my car and drive away from the house and into the main street, I live ten minutes away from school.

"Hey", Donovan did a fist bump with me when I get out of the car, his girlfriend at his side, there is an awkward tension between them.

"Hey, party still on, right?" 

"Of course my dude", he nods.

"Hey Bryce", Mackenzie joins us with her friend Nabila, who smiles at me.

"Where's Felix?"

"Flirting as usual", Avery points behind me and I turn.

Felix is talking to a cheerleader who giggles.

"His fling for the party", Nabila rolls her eyes.

The cheerleader walks off and Felix comes to us.

"Did you get her number?" I ask.

"Of course, everyone wants a piece of me, even Nabila", he places his arm on her shoulder.

"Ew, no, you're such a playboy", she removes his arm.

"Only because my relationship doesn't last for some reason", he pouts.

"Maybe you're the problem, if you stop hooking up with different girls every other day then maybe it can last."

"Where's the fun in that?"

I shake my head.

I see Avalon arrives with Jesse, they go towards the school not sparing a glance at us, Donovan's gaze lingers a bit longer than expected.

"Let's get to class", I suggest.

We all enter the school and go to our separate ways, I go to my locker to exchange books; I pass Avalon by hers on the way there.

"Do you think it'll actually work?" Bailey asks her.

"Yes and if it doesn't then he is blind and doesn't deserve you", Avalon replies.

She watches me, "morning King."

"West", I nod.

We came to an agreement that we will try to get along for the sake of our friends.

I open my locker and take out the books I had in my bag and put it in the locker then take out my textbook I'll need for class, I have physics with Avalon.

I enter the class and take my seat next to Avalon, "morning partner", I smile.

"We aren't partners", she glares at me.

"I'm hurt", I place a hand on my chest.

"Did you at least do the homework?"

"Yes, I told you l like physics", I nod.

"At least we have one thing in common", she says.

"You like physics too?"

"Yes, if I can't make up my mind by next year what I want to study, I'll start university with physics", she shrugs.