~19

Avalon's POV:

I feel someone kissing me, what the heck?  Why do I feel butterflies?

I open my eyes and see a pair of dilated blue eyes watching me, Jesse? 

I gasp and pull away from him, he groans and falls on the bed, falling asleep instantly.

"Let's get take you home", someone grabs my arm and pulls me out of the room.

What just happen?

3 hours earlier...

"Bye, mom, bye dad", I say as Jesse pulls up in front of the house, Avery decided to go straight to the party instead of coming home as I did.

"Be safe honey and use protection", mom waves.

"Don't give her any ideas Zoey and come back home this time", dad warns.

"I will."

I open the door and go to Jesse's car, I am in a pair of jeans with a T-shirt and my team jacket.

"Do you really want to get drunk?" Jesse asks and I nod.

"Then you're not drinking alone", he states.

I grin, he is the best and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

As he drives I observe him a little, he is a bit muscular with tan skin and blonde hair, his eyes remind me of the ocean on a sunny day.  I shake my head, snap out of it Avalon, this isn't the time to be crushing on some guy especially someone like Jesse. I couldn't help it, he is handsome not going to lie about that.

"I can feel you staring Ava", he chuckles and I turn red looking out the window.

"Whatever."

"There's nothing wrong with checking me out, you're hot too", he smirks and I roll my eyes.

When we get to Felix's house, it is full of teenagers and a few colleges students.

"Victory!" I hear someone shouts and jumps into the pool.

"There's our star player", Donovan smiles when I enter the kitchen, Avery is in the corner talking to her best friend.

"I need a drink,  a strong one", I order.

"Oh, you're going all out, good for you", Felix hands me a cup and I smell the liquid, alcohol.

"What's in there?" Jesse frowns.

"A perfect drink to start off the night, of course, West looks like she will up climbing the level of toxicity as time goes by."

I take my first drink in one go, "more, this is good."

"That is strong Ava, you'll be drunk before the fun really begins", Donovan points out.

"I'll be back later", I take a beer and pull Jesse with me.

"Where are we going?"

"The back, I want to relax a little", we go through the crowd to the back.

I spot Bryce as soon as I step out talking to someone very familiar in the far corner of the backyard away from everyone, if people didn't know what Nina looked like they wouldn't have guessed it is her that Bryce is talking to.

"What's she doing here?" I frown.

"Probably claiming her territory on her new target, he got the looks and the skills just like Donovan has", Jesse replies.

"So rebound?"

"Definitely, let's go meet the new couple", he grins.

We walk over to them, Nina sees us coming and turns pale, we know her because she used to hang out with us when she was dating Donovan.