~35

Bryce's POV:

Next Week

Today is the first day back to school after our two weeks break, for the past week I hung out with Abby, my friends and attend practice.

"I'm so ready to start term 2", Abby smiles, dad already left for work and mom is dropping Abby at school before going to work.

"Yeah and the championship is next month", I add, "we're so making it there."

"And I promise to attend all the games that will make you qualify for the championship", mom promises.

"Thank you", I hug her.

"I'm your biggest fan after all", she smiles.

"Since day one."

After I had breakfast with mom and Abby I leave to pick up Avalon, we have started a new fond friendship over the past week; since Jesse was busy with his new 'girlfriend' I became the one she saw often.

She doesn't want to ride with Jesse anymore since it's a bit awkward between them and to resolve it, she wants space from him.

"Please don't tell me we have to play soccer in this chilly weather, the cold temperature is dropping and we're only in April", Avalon sighs when I pick her up.

"I'm afraid so and for the championship as well, it'll only be colder next month I'm afraid", I state.

"Just great", she scoffs.

"Aren't you use to it though? Last year you played soccer", I frown.

"Doesn't mean I like it."

I chuckle.

"When last did you text Jesse?"

"I saw him yesterday for practice I had no reason to text him", she shrugs and I shake my head.

"Isn't he, your best friend or something?"

"Something, he's busy with his girlfriend."

"I doubt all the time, private school tends to take up most of your free time."

"How did you know that?"

"I attended one in France", I reply.

"I see."

"I see your accent is improving", she smirks.

"Yeah, it's been months I'm here so I'm adapting, mom's accent has already changed since she deals with clients on a daily basis.

She nods.

When we arrive at school we see our schoolmates greeting each other, we had roughly ten minutes before the first bell rings.

I spot a few unfamiliar faces, new students I guess.

"My man", Donovan greets me, today we decided to wear our school letterman jacket, Avalon as well.

"The lakehouse was amazing, are we going next year?" I ask him and he grins.

"Of course", he nods.

"Great."

"No! Why?!" I hear Bailey shriek and we all turn to her, she is staring at someone.

"Oh no", Avery sighs and I spot the person, Elle.

"She goes here now?" Mackenzie frowns.

"Looks like it which means she'll want to join the cheer team", she scoffs.

"Over my dead body", Mackenzie mutters.

"How was Hawaii by the way?" Avery turns to me.

"It was great and I got to tan as well", I answer.