~5

Avalon's POV:

"Alright men and lady, we got a game coming up next weekend, short notice I know so the new recruits have to put their best feet forward", coach says, we are at soccer practice.

Next weekend? That is close, we'll need extra practice for sure.

"This the your new play strategy for this season", he taps his clipboard,"I will give you all a copy of it so focus on your position, Bryce I need you to help Jesse with his defense as goalkeeper, I saw your games, we can use a guy like you and your skills."

"Yes sir", Bryce nods.

"West start them off with drills to get those vacation muscle working, I want you waking up with sore legs tomorrow if you haven't been doing drills over the vacation, I am talking about you Ricci", coach looks at Luciano.

Luciano has a habit of relaxing during the vacation and not doing any training with soccer.

"Give him extra West", coach adds.

I nod and he leaves us.

"Alright guys, we'll start with ten laps", I blow my whistle.

We all begin to run around the field, I was in front of course with Jesse besides me.

"Fasten the pace", Bryce runs pass me with Donovan and Felix behind him, they aren't long distance runners, they'll be breathless by the 5th lap if they try to keep up with Bryce.

"I will hate to see it if Bryce takes your place as captain, go catch up with him", Jesse states.

"I don't want to tired out myself, I am balancing things in my already", I say.

After the jog, we took a five minutes break then do some cardio warm up.

"What is this? A yoga class or soccer team that will make it to states?" Bryce asked, interrupting my session.

"A team that wins!" Luciano shouted and a few guys agreed.

"Fine, we did enough cardio, let's do some drills", I clapped.

We got out the equipment and started running drills, coach returned while we did drills. Bryce used this time to help Jesse with his goal keeping by using two guys to help him; Jesse blocked a few balls.

The coach blows his whistle,"listen up, we are doing a test practice, West and King are captains."

"Ladies first", Bryce smirks.

"I pick Donovan."

Ryder is a good player, his offense position is off the charts.

"Felix."

"Jesse."

"Luciano."

We chose two more players then got on the field, we wore different color so we will know who was our team.

"Also another thing seniors, two scouts are coming to see you play so don't loose next week", coach adds.

"No way scouts", Luciano smiles.

A few scouts had spoken to me already last term, they said they will keep an eye on me and next year for my senior year if I am really good I can get a scholarship.

"Oh right, you are graduating at the end of the school year", Jesse says to him.

"Me as well", Felix adds.

"Well I wouldn't miss you guys at all", I say.

"You're just saying that West, I know you'll miss me", Luciano ruffles my hair.