~13

Bryce's POV:

"Bye mom, see you tonight", I say as I open the front door to go pick up Mackenzie to go to Avery and Avalon's house.

"Where are you off to?" Dad questions.

"Friends' house", I reply.

"No later than 9 pm", mom waves me off.

"Bye", I leave.

Mackenzie lives five minutes drive from here, I unlock my car and get behind the wheels.

I drive out of the driveway and onto the road then drive to Mackenzie's house, "hey", she greets me when she gets into the car.

"How far is the house?"

"Less than ten minutes", she shrugs and tells me the direction  I have to go.

"Nice house",  I comment when I park in front of the two-story house, it's a little bigger than mine.

"Yeah, the perks of having both parents working high-class jobs", Mackenzie nods and gets out, I turn off the car and get out as well, locking it when as well.

We walk up the pathway to the door and Mackenzie knocks, Avalon opens the door.

"Welcome", she let us in and we walk into the house.

"The others are out t back", she adds and goes to the kitchen, Mackenzie and I go out back by the pool where the others are.

"The couple finally arrives", Donovan laughs.

"We're not a couple", I shoot him a look.

"You sure act like one", Jesse states.

"I don't act like it", I cross my arms.

"He's in denial", Mackenzie says.

Avalon comes out with a bowl of dip for the chips and Felix turns on the music.

"Woah!" Luciano shouted and dived into the pool, the four girls here are in bikinis, Avalon is in short pants and tank top; of course.

Mackenzie takes off her dress revealing her white two-piece bikini, she whips out a pair of sunglasses and puts them on when she sits on a long chair. I take a seat next to her after taking a beer from the small cooler.

"I feel like it's vacation time again", Luciano admits laying down on the floating bed with his shades on.

"Exactly", Bailey nods.

I open my beer and take a drink while Avery brings some lemonade for Mackenzie, she thanks her.

Avalon is playing with a soccer ball in her hands while talking to Jesse on the other end of the pool.

"How about we all go see a movie this weekend?" Nabila suggests.

"Which one? You always choose those cheesy romance one", Felix sighs.

"Let Bryce choose, this is his first time going with us", Donovan states.

"I'm down", Mackenzie agrees. 

"Me too", Avery shrugs.

"Then it's settled, Saturday afternoon we meet at the cinema at 3:30 pm", Nabila nods.

We chill and talk for the rest of the evening and even played a few games before we start packing up around 6:30 pm, a few people had to leave.

"What time do you have to go home?" Mackenzie asks as we walk to my car.

"9 pm."

She grins, "do you want to come to my place and watch a movie?"

 "Aren't your siblings home?"