~22

Next weekend

Dad's dinner function we have to attend is today, over the past week Jesse has been on edge, I know he wants to ask me something plus I have been noticing that he is handsome and I get these weird feelings.

"Dad, is mom coming?" I ask, Avery still isn't talking to him. Mom left for work last week and hasn't been home since then.

He sighs, "I'm afraid, not Ava, her flight wouldn't make it back in time."

"So you're going alone?"

He nods.

"Do I still have to wear the dress she gave me?"

He nods again, I sigh, it was worth a try.

"Is Jesse still your plus one?" He smirks and I blush, I asked Jesse a few days ago to accompany me to the dinner and he agreed.

"Yes he is, is Donovan allowed to be Avery's own?"

"Yes, they are dating so I can't stop that", he shrugs, "I just wish she talks to me."

"She's still upset, you should give her time."

"It's been a week Ava, what more time she needs?"

"Maybe she needs forgiveness and her phone back", Avery retorts coming down the stairs in her bikini.

"Next weekend", dad replies.

"That's valentine's day and I can't even go", she scoffs, "forget it I'm not going to the stupid dinner", she goes to the back where the pool is.

"What am I going to do with her?" Dad sighs, "she's nothing like me."

"Understand her that's all we ever wanted understanding", I state, "she'll come around, I'm going to have lunch with Jesse, bye."

"Oh lunch", he teases and I blush.

"It's not a date."

"I didn't say anything", he smirks and I roll my eyes.

"See you later dad."

"Be home by 4, dinner is at 7", he reminds me.

I leave and Jesse pulls up in front of the house, "hey Ava", he smiles.

"Hey", I get in and put on my seatbelt, "where are we going to eat?"

"First there's something I need to tell you", he turns to me.

"Okay..."

"I think I'm in love", he states.

My heart skips a beat, what?

"What?"

"I know it's weird but after that party last week I've been having these visions of kissing a girl, you have to help me find my mysterious kisser", he states.

"Why me?"

"I want to keep this a secret, we'll have to scan through all the ladies in our grade who likely attended the party, freshmen and sophomores are out."

"What about seniors?"

"Yeah that's a possibility", he nods.

"How are we going to find your mysterious kisser when there are over a hundred girls?"

He frowns, "we'll have to narrow it down to who was near me during the party then."

I guess I look out the window, this isn't what I wanted to hear especially now.

"Will you help me, Avalon?" He looks at me hopefully.

Was this girl kiss magical or something?

I nod, what else can I do? He's my best friend and in love.