Chapter 9

*Recap*
At this point I don't know if I'm saying this to reassure myself or I'm trying to reassure her but I keep on saying nothing but reassuring words.

Karla's pov

A few days later (3days)

'Oh my! Am I really doing this?
God, I'm really doing this?'

*Inhales and Exhales anxiously*

'Ok, it's ok, it's gonna be okay. You've already done phase 1 and written the phone number. Just dial.' .
I said to myself.

It was quite easy though, since mom was at work but I almost got caught when Marcus saw me getting out of the office, when he asked I told him I thought the phone was ringing.
Smooth, I know, but he believed it so............
                     yeah.

I take in a deep breath and let it out and put on my big girl panties and open the Phone app.

I press the dial button.
I look on the small piece of paper in my left hand, so unaware of it being the avenue for something so catastrophic, written on the poor ripped part of my note book paper was a number.

A number which will lead to both my salvation and doom.

Doom, in the sense of the loss of freedom, from me being myself  but rather being hidden

but

Salvation, in the sense of freedom for my loved ones, no more feuds, no bankruptcy and most importantly shelter and comfort for them, even though they don't like this, bloody hell,
I don't even like this.

+500 23 9435 7164 , I dial.

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*
Forwarding call

"Hello, Good afternoon this is Johnathan&Co Flower company. I'm Miranda -the secretary, who am I speaking to?"

"Uhm, Hi, Good afternoon, this is Kayla Roland and I'll like to schedule an appointment with Mr.Richards, for this week.
It's urgent." I say.

"Oh, ok. I'm sorry Miss but he's going to be busy this week and out of town for the 3 weeks. So I'll have to schedule you for next month."She says.

"W-what! No! I need to meet him it's important and urgent. Please, it's actually urgent! Tell him Lilian Roland sent me."

"Lilian Roland sent you?" She asks.

"Yes." I respond.

"Ok, I'll have to check on something first. Could you hold please hold on for 15 minutes?"

"Sure." I say.

She put me on hold.

*Door opens*

"AHH!" I say throwing my phone in the process. Thank God it fell on the bed.

"Why are you screaming?" She yells.

"You scared me!" I say, "Plus  you didn't even knock!"

"Sorry about that,So what are you doing?"

"I'm just on the phone with one of those  boutique's I buy my clothes on. I'm on hold because she's checking if the dress I want is in stock." I say, blatantly lieing.

"Oh, okay. Well I wanted to talk about us being bankrupt."

The next day Mom told the whole family, not the extended family but whole as in us and the workers and left the part about marriage.